Alfie

I froze, listening intently as Zoe told me everything Blake had said to her. Why on earth would Blake do that? I knew that she really liked me, but I didn't understand how a person could be that mean? Have that much evil inside of them. 

Blake had made Zoe's life much more difficult. She was acting so much more different and having loads more panic attacks. And it was all Blake's fault. I was glad Zoe told me. "I'm glad you told me Zo," I said with a smile. She didn't respond. 

I looked over at her, she had fainted. 

________

I don't really remember exactly what happened next, but before I knew it Zoe was in the hospital. I had taken her to the hospital, everything else was going to be okay. I had been in the hospital so often lately, it was routine to me. The details of getting there just always faded a bit. 

Zoe was unconcious, but breathing. I stood by her side, softly calling her name every so often to see if she was awake. I had been doing it for at least thirty minutes before she opened her eyes. I took a sigh of relief. I always knew she would wake up, but she liked to scare me and be unconcious as long as possible. 

"Hi, where are we?" she asked sleepily. I smiled and ran a hand through her soft hair. 

"In the hospital, you fainted," I whispered. She had been the fourth time this month. It was getting to be too much. 

"Don't make me see a doctor," she said, the tears starting to well up in her eyes. She looked scared, anxious. I knew how much she hated doctors. I did't know what to say. 

"Zo, you have to," I said softly. I really didn't want her to be sad, but if she didn't see a doctor nothing was going to get better. The hospital was going to become our second home and I didn't want that to happen. 

___________

Zoe and I got to go home the next morning. Zoe told the doctor she was feeling much better even though I could tell she was a bit woozy and anxious. I told the doctor we would see her next week. She didn't find my joke funny one bit though. 

Zoe walked into our new house and plopped herself down on the couch. "I love you Alf," she said. Our routine. She always told me she loved me when we got back from the hospital. It was just something we had always done. Seeing as she went to the hospital all the time now. 

"Love you too," I said making my way to the kitchen. "So what do you want to do today?" I asked her with a smile. 

"Let's unpack," she said with a tired tone. 

"Okay!" I said cheerfully. I wanted to get the house all neat and orderly as soon as possible. People may find it odd but I hate clutter. "Let's start in the kitchen."

We worked all day unpacking things and putting them on shelves. It was actually, very slowly I might add, beginning to look like a house. A real home that I shared with my lovely girlfriend. 

Zoe sighed, "This is going to be a lot of work isn't it?" she said walking over to the couch. Her new favourite spot in the house. I followed her and sat down next to her. Very quickly she crawled into my lap resting her head on my chest. 

"Yes, I think it is," I said softly. We didn't say anything else, we just stayed there like that on the couch. Together. That's all that mattered, we were together. I could hear her heartbeat and I'm sure she could hear mine. True love is really just being with the person you love. And I am so glad that I fell in love with my best friend. Isn't it amazing how a person who was once a stranger, can suddenly, without warning, mean the entire world to you? 

xxx

Be Mine { A Zalfie Fanfic }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें