Zoe

I stood there, shocked when Blake called me a slut. What was I going to say? Tears started to fill my eyes, I tried to keep them in, but I couldn't. I turned quickly on my heel into Alfie's room. I switched the light of for once and sat down on the bed. 

Now, in privacy, I started to sob. What had even happened out there. Alfie hadn't said anything to defend me, I hadn't even said anything to defend myself. What was happening to me? I continued to sob, the tears flowing freely down my face, landing in my lap, soaking my shirt. 

After a while, the sobbing slowed down and I took a deep breath. Why was I freaking out? She was drunk, she obviously didn't mean anything she had said. I continued to cry though, this time the tears fell silently down my face. I didn't pull out my phone to distract me, I just stared into the darkness, a blank expression on my face.

After a while I heard a soft knock at the door, I didn't say anything, just sat there silent. I heard the door creak open and I looked up. It was Alfie, he looked tired and annoyed. Seeing him set off a spark in my brain, and I started to sob again. 

Alfie came and sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around my small frame. Normally I would protest and blush and splutter meaningless words, but tonight I didn't do any of that. I just let it happen. We sat there together in each others arms until we both fell asleep. 

__________

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping, and the sound of Alfie in the kitchen. He sure was making a lot of noise. I sat up and rubbed my head. I was a little stuffed up from all of my crying the night before. Everything that had happened suddenly came rushing back to me. I groaned anger flooding through me. The next feeling I felt was different though. Embarrassment. 

How was I going to go and have a normal conversation with Alf after everything that had happened the night before. My lack of blushing cheeks yesterday would sure come back to bite me today. I got up out of bed and looked down at myself. I was a mess. 

I was still wearing the same clothes from the day I had spent with Louise, which felt ages ago. And I hadn't taken my makeup off since then as well. I looked in the mirror with a grimace of frustration. I looked like I had let a five year old do my makeup, but they had given up and dumped a bucket of water on me instead. 

I started by changing my outfit. I rummaged through my suitcase and pulled out my black collared shirt and my disco pants, trading them for the leggings I had been wearing for what felt like years on end. I did my best with my makeup, but until I took a shower I would just have to deal with black streaks under my eyes. 

I pulled my hair up into a tight, high ponytail and opened the door into the corridor. It was quite cold in the house and I grabbed Alfie's burgandy hoodie to keep warm. Wrapping it tightly around my body. I also slipped my feet into slippers, smiling as my small feet moved around in the large footwear. 

Alfie was sitting at the counter, with two plates in front of him. Both plates were filled with sausages, eggs, and pancakes. And Alfie was covered in flour. I started to laugh, my embarrassment quickly being forgotten. I walked down to to him and reached my hand up to wipe some of the flour on his face. He even had it in his hair. 

I kept laughing. "Alf, how did, this happen?" I managed to get out between laughs. 

"I was trying to make a nice breakfast for you and uh, well the flour got everywhere," he said slowly, gesturing around him at the now white kitchen. 

"It looks as if it's snowed!" I said cheerfully. Alfie smiled, then picked up a handful of flour. I gave him a questioning look and the next thing I knew, I was covered in the stuff. "You do now know what you have just gotten yourself into, Mr. Alfred," I said with a grin.

The next half an hour consisted of Alfie and I throwing flour at each other, Alf even lobbed a pancake at me. I was having such a fun time with him, he really was amazing. No wonder I had fallen for him, head over heels. 

"Alf, stop- stop," I shrieked, when he dumped flour down my shirt. 

"Fine," he said with a pretend pout, his pout morphed into a smile though, and we both started to laugh again. 

"I think I actually going to start eating now," I said slowly, and cautiously. I didn't want anymore flour down my shirt again. I started walking back to the counter where my plate of food was. It was probably stone cold at this point, but I didn't care. I was almost to the counter when I felt my feet flying out from under me. 

I had lost my balance and had nothing to grab on to, I was falling to the ground. I had slipped on the stupid pancake Alfie had thrown at me. Just as I felt like all hope of me regaining my balance was lost, I felt Alfie's strong arms grab me. 

He had caught me, and I was now leaning up against him in the most unflattering angle, covered in flour. I looked up at him, he had a large grin on his face. Then I realized, he was still holding me, his arms around my waist. I wasn't moving and neither was he. 

Slowly, he started to lean his head closer to mine. Was this really happening? Was Alfie Deyes, my major crush for a year going to kiss me? He was kissing me, even after ever embarrassing and stupid thing I had ever done? Even though I was now covered in flour, and looked like a mess. 

I started to lean in as well, the space between our lips slowly closing. Right when they were about to touch, my phone rang. Alfie pulled back abruptly and froze. "Um, sorry bout that," he turned away but I could still tell that he was blushing. 

I smiled, that had just really happened. Alfie might finally be developing feelings for me. I might actually have a chance with him now. I walked over to the couch where I had left my phone from the night before. It was my mum. 

I answered it and had an extremely long, and dull conversation with her. She wanted me to come back to Bath and celebrate Christmas with them, but I told her that there was no way I was going to go. In the end, she started crying and saying how Christmas was a time about family. I just groaned and told her I loved her before hanging up. 

I hated making my mum cry, but there was no way I was going to leave Alfie alone of Christmas. And if I brough to my family, he might be mortally scarred for life. Also, I'm sure the trains were packed with people going out. I mean it was Christmas Eve. 

Alfie looked up from where he was. "Your mum?" he asked knowingly. 

"Unfortunately, yes," I said with a groan. "She wants me to go back to Bath. No way am I getting on another train. I've had enough of them to last me a lifetime."

Alfie started to laugh, as he passed me the plate of food he had made me. I started to eat, continuing to smile the whole time. Alfie really was an amazing friend. 

________

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked after we had cleaned up the kitchen and made it its orignal colour. We had both sat down next to each other on the couch, exhausted.

"I have a few ideas," Alfie said with a knowing smile. 

Little did I know that this was going to be on the of the best Christmas' I would ever have in my entire life. 

xxx