Chapter Eight

You laughed a little when he almost called you the monster's term.

Papyrus's face was turning a slight orange as he yelled at the robot.

"Ghoul-friend?" Mettaton asked, clearly taken aback.

Any trace of fear finally left you. You had trust and clearly could tell Mettaton couldn't do anything.

Papyrus nodded. "YES. IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT- WELL..." Papyrus was stumped. "TELL YOUR FANS."

You stared at Papyrus. Worst thing to say but he was under the heat.

Mettaton pouted, then left the room.

Would he really?

As though forgetting the situation, Papyrus turned around and grabbed your hand, walking you back to the TV.

"I'LL MAKE YOU SOMETHING TO EAT." Was all he said, then left for the kitchen.

You drew your legs to your chest to hug them. Pondering what would Mettaton do. Maybe he'd just make it seem like he would do something, then not.

The TV was still on, now a human world show was playing. It was Supernatural. Pretty ironic for your situation, you ignored that half.

It was an old episode.

You decided to change the channel instead, sighing as you flipped through the channels. Gravity Falls was on.

Also pretty ironic. Most of the shows you like were right about now.

You laid on your side as you watched it. The air was a crisp feeling, but then you realised you were burrito-ed up in a blanket.

You heard a slight whoosh as your eyed were shut. You opened your eyes and saw Sans.

Just when I thought things were good. You thought almost hastily, but sarcastically as well.

"Where's Papyrus?" Sans asked.

You pointed to the kitchen.

"And don't go all TARDIS on me." You said.

"Wha- whatever." He sighed. Then left to his brother.

You sat there awkwardly, hearing silent bickering. You heard your name. It drew you closer.

".., (y/n) is just bad news." You heard Sans finishing.

"SHE ISN'T MEAN TO ME." Papyrus stated.

You felt a little annoyed, but afraid too. You just wanted Sans to calm down.

You couldn't reset the time to make Sans trust you, could you?

No... Could you reset just him?

Too quick you answered to yourself. No.

You just stood there. Not even eavesdropping. You know how it goes.

You couldn't stay in the house with Sans. You just couldn't. He hated you-or so it seems-he won't give in for a long time.

Maybe it's the same for you? Since he was hurt before?

You couldn't think of a solution that was already crossed out due to your past saves.

Maybe... You thought, maybe I should just leave.

Your own reaction was pretty good. You wanted to see what it looked like outside, anyways, so why not?

You grabbed your coat and scarf, put on your boots and beanie, and opened the door.

As soon as you did, a cold wind hit your face. So you decided to greet it by stepping out. The snow was piled, and you could barely see anything.

As you tried stepping into the snow, you found you weren't doing that at all. You were moving backwards. The door closed.

You were forced to sit in front of the skeleton brothers. You clenched your eyes shut.

Papyrus gave Sans a mad glare. "SEE WHAT YOU DID?" He pressured.

Sans just looked at his brother blankly. Then shrugged.

Papyrus rolled his.. Eye sockets.. And looked at you instead.

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING, HUMAN?" He asked.

You kept your eyes shut but answered. "Leaving."

Papyrus sighed.

Just then you felt a presence above you.

You looked up at Sans.

"Kid, it's not my fault you're this way." He said.

"What way?" You asked. Silence went after. "The way you can't see me in? Or the way you're stuck on? Why can't you get it through your thick skull that I don't want to hurt anyone? I don't... Sans... I don't want to hurt you. And I won't." You said, a pleading look in your eyes as you pushed out your words.

You saw Sans's eye flash blue.

You expected to be on the battlefield, but the opposite came.

He was on his kneecaps, caved over.

You looked up at Papyrus, who looked worried.

"SANS? WHAT IS WRONG?" Papyrus asked.

Sans laughed. "Tibia honest, I'm fine." But he stayed still.

You hugged him, hoping to get the point across.

A sharp pain pierced through you.

You looked at Sans to see him grinning wider. His eye flashing blue.

You looked down to see a bone through your Soul.

To be continued...