Chapter Seven

"I won't. I swear." You whisper softly.

He buried his head into the crook of your neck.

You knew that this would hurt him.

For the next few moments, he just stayed there. The snow and wind howling outside, causing the house to get cold. Your eyes were shut and you were holding on to Papyrus.

"Why do you like this timeline better?" He asked mutely.

"Because..." You started, trailing then picking back up. "You are so much more than anyone to me. Humans aren't like monsters and Sans.. Well.." You stopped, looking for something to say. "He's cool, but not you."

Weirdly, you felt a wet sponge-y feeling on your neck. You jumped away from Papyrus in alarm.

He was tinted orange, a shade of it glowing in his eye. An orange tongue draped out of his mouth.

You squint your eyes at him.

"I'm s-sorry." Papyrus stuttered as his tongue fled into his mouth, disappearing with the glow of his eye sockets.

You blinked. What?

"I.. Was just marking you." He said.

What. You thought.

"I mean.. To mark you as mine. Uh.. Yeah." He said, unsure of himself.

You tilted your head at him. An idea of what he was doing in your head. His flustered expression shows everything.

"I thought skeletons don't do that?" You asked.

He blushed further.

You felt a prick of nerves. An awkward feeling and tension surrounding the air.

"Why?" You asked, not asking 'why do you feel that way right now' if it just made it worse.

He shrugged. "I was curious."

You felt your face grow hot until it was on fire. "Why were you?"

Papyrus looked away and shuffled uncomfortably. "BecauseSansshowedmethisonethinganditwasinrerestingandiwantedtotryitwithyou (Because Sans showed me this one thing and it was interesting and I wanted to try it with you)" Papyrus said all to fast. But you heard each word.

"What.. Did he show you?" (Mind you if you're underage you shouldn't read this XD I'm so sorry) you asked.

Papyrus grabbed his phone.

You could guess what it was.

He showed you exactly what you expected.

It was.. Porn. Pure of it. But with humans. Sans showed him this and ruined his purity?

You covered your mouth, blushing but heavily wanting to laugh. You never saw it before but knew what it was.

You shook it out of your mind, pushing away his phone. You hugged him.

"Papy, it's too early in our relationship for that. I don't want to and then one of us leaves." You said, looking up at him.

He was still blushing and nodded, dumbfounded. "You're right. Though, I'd never leave you."

You smiled weakly up at him. He didn't understand fully what you meant.

"Can we watch TV?" You asked, whipping your hair over your shoulder, looking at the blank screen.

"Sure." Papyrus said, not doing anything.

"Hey, uh, Papy?" You asked.

"YEAH?" his voice was normal.

"Why didn't you turn it on?" You asked, blushed after, but knew Papyrus wouldn't catch what you said.

Nope.

He blushed too but shrugged. He was about yo say something but he said another, "YOU DIDN'T SAY 'MAY'." He said.

You narrowed your eyes. "May you turn on the TV?" You asked.

He nodded. The TV turned on and went to Mettaton's monster special. It was an interview, so that was different. It was also obviously a re-run.

You smiled at the robot, answering the interviewer with grace.

"Oh okay." The interviewer was saying. "So, I heard you had a crush on someone?" The interviewer asked.

Mettaton blushed a light color, which confused you. He still kept his cool when he spoke.

"Why- Who said so?" Mettaton asked.

The interviewer shrugged. "Rumours."

Mettaton laughed. "Ohh~ well, I won't say that little birdie lied."

"Who is it??" The interviewer asked excitedly.

Mettaton smiled. "If that person saw this, Darling- it wouldn't be a secret. I want to find out if this person loves me by myself instead of announcing that person's name." He said.

You knew who it was. It wasn't something secretive. It was obvious.

Mettaton loved Papyrus.

But thank everything, he doesn't love Mettaton back.

You felt a nerve prick at the hairs on your neck.

Papyrus grabbed your hand, entwining his bony fingers around yours.

You were stiff at this. Now stressed. You sighed aggressively, making Papyrus jump away.

"WHAT'S WRONG?" Papyrus asked you.

You looked down, slightly upset his hand was away from yours. So you pulled it back.

"I'm just tired of everything right now." You breathed out.

"IT'LL BE OKAY. I PROMISE THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL KEEP YOU SAFE." he said, each word rolling away.

You smiled. You gained the feeling of content. Now you certainly knew Papyrus wouldn't do something to hurt you.

You leaned over onto his bony shoulder.

Out of nowhere, you heard a loud clash.

You jumped yo your feet to see what happened, noticing the sound coming from the kitchen.

Standing in all its glory was Mettaton. He was in a sassy pose. One hand behind his head, other on his hip, knee bent dramatically and head tilted up.

Since his eyes were shut you scurried behind Papyrus, hoping the robot wouldn't notice you.

"Oh! Papyrus, Darling! I hear you saw my interview." Mettaton called, getting closer to Papyrus. "Maybe now you'll decide to be with me."

You heard Papyrus's bones start to rattle. You didn't want him to be forced to tell Mettaton.

Creeping from behind Papyrus, you faced Mettaton. He became startled.

"Who... Is this, Darling?" Mettanton asked, faking a smile.

You narrowed your eyes. "How do you not know me?" You spat at the robot.

First you wanted to be nice to Mettaton, but now that he 'forgot' you, you couldn't.

Mettaton pouted, then lightened up. "Ohhh. You're (y/n), right? The one with the gorgeous Frisk that saved us all from the Underground?"

"Yeah." You said, rolling your eyes.

"So, Papyrus~ what is she doing here?" Mettaton asked, tracing his fingers on Papyrus.

You sighed. Violence isn't a very good answer. You decided, remembering the thing was made of metal.

So you stood awkwardly.

Papyrus seemed to not really care. "METTATON DO NOT CALL ME THAT. THOUGH IT IS VERY FLATTERING, (Y/N) IS MY GHOUL-GIRLFRIEND." He said.

You laughed a little when he almost called you the monster's term.