Chapter Four

"Totally." You said, smiling up at him.

Papyrus returned the smile by showing more joy.

Sans sighed. "Hey Paps can I get some time with the human?" He asked.

You froze.

"WHAT? WHY?" Papyrus asked.

Sans looked at his brother, pupils fading. "It's serious."

Papyrus hesitated, then rested his teeth on your forehead. He then got up and left.

You stared after him.

"What are you gonna do?" Sans asked.

"What do you mean?" You asked, looking at Sans.

"I've seen your past timelines. I've seen your patterns. I can guess your next move through the patterns you made. It doesn't get simpler than that." Sans said, shrugging.

"I don't wanna hurt him." You said.

"Then why did you back then?"

"I... I didn't know him well!" You call.

"Why weren't you nice first?" Sans asked. "I've killed you before. You've killed me before. I'm not gonna judge your beliefs but... This ain't right."

You looked at him, then looked down.

"I haven't reloaded or changed since Mt. Ebott. I swear. I like it in this time zone." You say.

Sans stares at you, expecting more.

"Why are you throwing this at me right now?" You ask.

"Because you know it serves a treat. Make me believe in you." He said.

You gulp air.

"I love your brother. You're like my brother. Flowey is my brother. Toriel is my mother. You guys are all I need. I can't go back after being... Dead for over three years!" You call. "You're Papy's brother... I want you to accept me but I can't force you. You're Sans. I can't force you to do anything. You're you. But- I would never hurt him again. I love him."

"Stop saying that word." Sans says, a little venom in his voice.

You look at him curiously. "Why?"

"It gets empty after time."

You hesitate.

"... You told me that once. I won't let you hurt Papyrus. He's too innocent." Sans said, looking at you.

You narrow your eyes, a chill passing through you. "I'm sorry it didn't work out. But Papyrus is my cinnamon roll. He's precious to me." You flinch. Your eyes shut tight. You never expected to hear that from yourself. Quickly you look back at Sans. "Papyrus is all I want."

Sans sighs. "Look, I'll try. But if I don't trust you, you're done."

You lean to him. But not too close. "I know. I'll have a bad time. But it's been around 4 years. Why don't you trust me?"

Sans sighed. "Ok. I get it. Sorry." He shrugged, smiling. "Just don't go too fast with my brother. Oh. And be careful about Mettaton."

You blink and Sans left your room.

Sighing, you laid against the wall. He exposed memories you didn't wanna go over. Everything you told him was true.

You heard your door open.

"Hey." You said, staring at the ceiling, not seeing who came in.

"HI. I MADE YOU HOT TEA. TORIEL GOT UPSET THOUGH AND SHE COOLED IT. NOW IT'S ICED TEA."

You laughed a little at Papyrus' situation as he handed you the tea.

"SO, WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS AWAY? DID SANS DO SOMETHING TO YOU?" Papyrus asked, slightly paranoid.

You shook your head. "I'm okay." You sipped your tea.

"HEY. AS A NORMAL THING DO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE?" he asked bluntly.

You almost spewed your tea but kept it in. "O-oh! Uh, yeah! Of course I'll go!" You cheered.

Papyrus smiled. "BUT I DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE MINE AND FRISK'S DATE."

You frowned, remembering that you weren't on the date and you had to hang out with Sans.

"Well if your house is special to you than it's okay." You told him, grabbing his hand.

Papyrus' skull flushed a faint shade of orange. "OKAY. WANNA GO BEGIN THE DATE?"

You froze. "Well."

Papyrus looked at you. "WELL?"

You smiled. "Wasn't I sick earlier?"

Papyrus looked curiously at you. "ACTUALLY YEAH. BUT IT SEEMS IT PASSED. SO... DATE?" he asked, unsure.

You nodded, sorry for making him wait.

He grabbed your hand and stood up, pulling you into his arms.

You squeaked, surprised by the movement. You wrapped your arms around him and watched the scenery.

He had to duck below the doorway and he carried you past Toriel, Flowey, and Sans.

"H-hey!" Flowey and Toriel called.

"Going on a date!!" Was all you called after them as you were carried to the front door.

Papyrus stopped and looked at you.

"IT'S COLD OUTSIDE." he said.

You noticed you weren't wearing your coat and scarf and decided to grab it from your coat hanger.

"Where are you two love doves going?" Sans asked.

Papyrus looked at him. "TO... MY ROOM OF COURSE!" he responded.

You ducked your head into his scarf, heavily blushing.

"NOT IN THAT WAY!!" you shout, hiding.

Papyrus noticed. "OH! NO! WE'RE NOT DOING THAT. JUST DOING WHAT PEOPLE TO ON THEIR DATES."

You lifted up your head and pulled Papyrus to face you. "Cinnamon Roll, Darling, just shut up." You said, laughing a little nervously.

His face hinted orange and you two left, still in his arms.

"So you're walking all the way their?" You asked him.

Papyrus nodded. "I ALWAYS DO. MY BONES GET COLD BUT I DON'T GET SICK."

You frowned, still worried for the skeleton.

You cuddled against his chest, your head just under his jaw.

People stared at you two as Papyrus walked you down. Papyrus easily ignored them but you noticed them. You closed your eyes to ignore them.

You realized Papyrus had murmured something so you asked, "What?" To see what it was.

"I love you." He repeated, smiling at you.

You smiled and rubbed your head against his chest. "I love you too."

Before you knew it, you were at Papyrus' house. He set you down on the couch and shut the door.

Papyrus looked at you. "I REALLY WANT TO TAKE YOU SOMEPLACE BETTER. YOU DESERVE A LITTLE MORE. SO I'M TAKING YOU TO TEMMIE VILLAGE."

You stared at him, unsure to cheer or scream. "Okay!" You said.

Once again, he picked you up and walked you out of the house.