Chapter One

It was 3 years after entering the barrier.

Frisk died a tragic death from heavy sickness. You thought her determination would get her through and keep her alive... But... That was just the monster world. Just a layer beneath you.

You live with Toriel. She dates Sans. Sans and Papyrus live together in a log cabin with a pirate flag on top. Undyne and Dr. Alphys lived together nearby. They volunteered for lots of jobs and little things. Undyne and Alphys were really cute together, and they were a large reason to how the humans didn't fear them as much.

What's scarier than a walking fish lady and a tiny yellow triceratops?

Asgore, on the other hand, moved away... He claimed he didn't like staying in such a plain place and moved. Though everyone could see he was torn by Toriel.

Nobody spoke of Asriel. Well... They did, just not a lot.

His flower form still lived with you, after all. Asriel was wrong about something- this flower does have at least a few feelings.

Any other piece of evidence was when Frisk and yourself were trying to fight him. He was... Hurt as he yelled at Frisk. He turned human... Monster... Real after. He was crying. He broke the barrier and said he'd go back to his unemotional flower form.

But it was still hurt. It was still happy. It didn't wanna murder as much, but play. It wanted attention.

You caught yourself staring at the wall. A picture was there. Asriel, Toriel, and Asgore were all there. And so was a girl who looked like Frisk, and one who looked like you.

Y/n... Stop staring. You thought. You then realized Asriel was talking.

"Hey! Don't.. Ignore me." Flowey whined.

You looked at him. "Oh- uh... Sorry..." You trailed.

He was silent.

"Uh.. Do you by any chance remember your monster self?" It was a question you always pondered.

"What?" He asked.

"When you were Asriel... Not Flowey. When you had a family, arms, and legs. Do... Do you remember that?"

Flowey thought. "Not really..."

"So you do?"

"A little.." He trailed of. "I remember killing you. Over and over. After a while it was more sad than fun." He said.

You smiled.

A knock on your door sounded and you jumped up, seeing Toriel.

"Hey, mum." You said. (Also, side note I write like I'm British Um. Since I am ig.. So if you see a weird word like this just correct it CX)

"Hi. Are you two okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." You looked at Flowey.

Toriel didn't know that Flowey is Asriel.

... You still found it funny. That 'Asriel' is a mix of his parents' names.

Asgore really is bad at names. You thought.

Toriel sighed. You looked up at her.

It took several moments for a reply.

"He um... Was my son..." She drew a shaky breath. "He died coming one from giving a human back to it's village. He... Took it's soul to return it an capture the barrier. The villagers were not... I guess not happy because of how he returned. When he came home... His dust... Shattered. Like when you drop a fragile, thin glass... It.. Was everywhere." She looked at you and let out a laugh. "I see in your face that you knew this though."