Chapter Six

Wait his or mine?! you yelled in your head, alarmingly looking up at him. Oh, well. Either was fine by you. But maybe not to Toriel and Sans if you were at Sans' house...

The latter came.

Papyrus put you down at his doorstep. "WELL CALL TORIEL AND TELL HER WE CAN'T GET TO HER."

You tried to convince them to get cars. Did they? Nope! But they just didn't want it because it was a little more... Different.

Papyrus opened the door and shooed you inside, following behind you.

You sat on their couch, viewing the TV screen.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Papyrus asked.

The TV was turned off.

"Watching nothing." You laughed silently to yourself, knowing it was more honest than funny, then you stopped.

Papyrus gave you the remote. "YOU CAN WATCH EITHER NOTHING OR SOMETHING BUT PLEASE KEEP IT QUIET SO I CAN CALL TORIEL." He stated.

You sighed. Then smiled.

Instead of watching TV, you leaned back, left arm on the top of the couch laying your head on it, and watched him. He was a something.

You realised you never really looked at his eye.. Sockets much. So you did so. Though it was an empty void, yet there was a sense of something. A sense of life. Sans had light pupils but Papyrus doesn't have them. Why?

You didn't know, so you just continued looking at Papyrus. You knew he was talking, but on the phone. It was a mess of words to you.

Ever so suddenly, you had the urge to hug him. A slight ache in your heart.

You knew the feeling, and how unhealthy it was. You expirenced it before and that person left. Its a feeling like a first love, you can't ever forget them. You can hardly breathe without them.

Acknowledging this you began to breathe a little funny, remembering earlier. The sense of being thrown from Papyrus.

So, you gave in. Papyrus was still talking, but you just hugged him.

Words began to process again.

"WILL I TAKE CARE OF HER? YEAH. I WOULDN'T HURT HER EVEN IF I WAS... WHAT IS THE WORD.. FORCED! I WOULDN'T EVEN IF I WAS FORCED TO." Papyrus called into the phone.

Being so close, you heard Toriel.

"May I speak to her?"

"SURE." he handed you the phone.

As you took the phone, you were more leaning on him now.

"Hi." You said into the phone a little softer than expected.

"Hi, (y/n), how are you?" Toriel asked.

"I'm okay." You said after clearing your voice.

"Now, Sans can't get home either so this is like a trade until the blizzard clears up. Make sure you watch over Papyrus and yourself." Toriel said. "Don't burn down the house for warmpth."

You blushed, remembering Undyne's old house. "I won't." You assured Toriel.

She laughed gently and said, "Well I must go. Goodbye, my child and I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully."

You said the same and she hung up.

You just stared up at him and handed back his phone.

He took it then kissed your head. He sighed.

"What?" You asked, knowing something was up.

"WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN SANS AND YOU EARLIER WHEN SANS WANTED TO BE ALONE WITH YOU?"

The way that Papyrus worded that made you feel upset. It made you sound like Sans had made a move on you.

You just looked down.

You wanted to tell him, but you couldn't bring yourself to say it. You didn't want to hurt Papyrus but you didn't wanna tell him about his brother.

"YOU CAN TELL ME." Papyrus said as though reading your thoughts.

You cough a little. Nervously, of course.

"PEOPLE ALWAYS HIDE THINGS FROM ME." You heard Papyrus mutter. He leaned back on the couch, obviously uncomfortable. "LIKE SANS. IT'S LIKE THEY SEE SOMETHING I DON'T." he sighed.
You felt a pang of hurt.

Maybe it would be better to just tell him.

"Okay... Papyrus... Promise to not tell Sans I told you." You said.

Papyrus nodded.

"First..what do you know?" You asked.

He signed. "All I know is that no one tells me anything. Sans acts weird a lot and mostly is out. He has many jobs but I keep track of them for him and he's just hardly ever here." Papyrus said, down trodden. "But he's usually here to tell me a nightly story."

You smile. So, he almost knows about saves.

"Well..." After the four years you felt it was time he'd know. He grew a rather lot. So you told him about it.

"WAIT. WHAT DO YOU MEAN SAVES?" he asked almost immediately.

"Timelines." You say. "Like say a world were something else didn't exist or something is different in this time but in a separate world." You say, trying your best to dumb it down.

He nodded, understanding.

You went on. "So.. I have the so called 'power' or 'ability' to fully restart, which means to change everything and I haven't done that for four years. If something happens to me, I can restart to my last 'save point.'"

"WHAT IS THAT THEN?" He asked.

You thought. "Anywhere I have determination." You say.

"WAIT. SO LIKE A COOL BUILDING?" Papyrus asked.

You nodded.

"WOWIE... BUT WHAT HAS THIS TO DO WITH WHAT YOU AND SANS DID?" Papyrus asked.

You sighed. "Well, he knows about all the timelines I did. I regret them all but he doesn't believe me. He thinks I'm bad news." You say, hurt in your voice.

Papyrus leaned and held you. "What timelines did you do?" He asked gently.

You told him. That once you killed Papyrus and his friends and once you loved Sans. But you also told him you were never in a line as long as the one you're in now, with Papy.

After a moment of silence from Papyrus he said, "Oh."

He squeezed a little tighter on you. "Don't do what Sans thinks you'll do. Please." He whined gently.

You felt your heartache as he said so. You never wanted to, and the fact that he pleaded made it hurt.
"I won't. I swear." You whisper softly.