Chapter 19

We stood outside her house waiting 30 seconds until we were officially 45 minutes late.

“Okay…. Now!” She said walking up Trixie’s porch steps. My stomach churned uncomfortably as I followed her.

She pulled me so I was standing beside her. “Behind this door is the party. You are a confident girl named Nessie.”

“But-” I started to say but was interrupted by Becca.

“No buts! Victoria and Rebecca are far away right now and their not coming back until I say so!” She said standing up straight which cause me to fix my posture as well.

“Ok.” I said right before she flung open the two front doors confidently.

Loud music poured through and a lot of people turned to look at us, including the devil herself. We didn’t bother to close the door; instead the maids came behind us to close it. We slowly inspected the party with indifferent looks on our faces and our hands on our hips. The feeling of stupidness left me at that moment and was replaced by confidence I didn’t know I could possess.

We strutted onto the dance floor and were immediately met by Trixie and her minions. They each had a fake smile plastered upon their snotty little faces.

“Hi I’m Trixie! I don’t believe we’ve met.” She extended her hand and I took it in my own and gave it a firm shake.

“Hello, I’m Nessie and this is my best friend Callie.” I said in my normal voice, knowing she wouldn’t recognize it since I’ve never spoken to her.