Chapter 6

Hey ya'll heres good ol chappie 6! sorry this doesnt have any of the much loved Erik or Douglas. More Ben... Enjoy!

*******************************************************

"YES!!!" Ben cheered watching a football game he taped. I sighed dramatically, I was so freaking bored. We had ditched the parents after I faked a belly ache and now I was regretting it a little.

Fed up with watching a game I didn't understand I pulled out my cell that Page gave back to me before we left the restaurant.

'Night. -Victoria'

Without waiting for a reply I went up the stairs. Falling onto my bed face first I tried to sleep but my thoughts clouded with Douglas. 'What would he be doing right now?' I found myself thinking. Then when I realized what I was doing a pinched my arm to stop myself.

Rolling onto my back I couldn't stop the next question from popping into my mind. 'Did he really like me?' I stood up and walked to the mirror.

The girl looking back at me was sad, lonely, depressed, and downright dreary. This emo can't possibly be attractive, can she? 'He doesn't like me.' I tried to convince myself. 'But would I like it if he did?'

My head flooded with a thousand questions. All of which I didn't have the answer to.

After a few minutes of pondering these puzzling questions I found myself smiling giddily. Why you ask? Because I suddenly remembered the last time I worried about guys.

It was 3 and a half years ago.

"Victoria!!!" I heard then another thud. I glanced at the clock and 4:37 flashed back. Thoroughly confused, I thought I must have imagined it but I heard another thud before I could fall back to sleep.

Slowly creeping closer to the window I picked up a hairbrush along the way thinking it might be a robber. Then after a second I put it back thinking 'Why would a robber call out my name?' then picked it up thinking 'That's just what they want me to think.'

I rolled my eyes at my own foolishness before throwing the brush down and yanking open the window. Right as I did a pebble came soaring through and hit me in the forehead.

"Ow!" I mumbled sticking my head out and wishing I had the brush to protect myself.

"Sorry." A male voice laughed. I squinted trying to see him through the black night air. He stepped into the light and I made out a plaid shirt.

"Tuck!" I gasped. Then without second thought I jumped out of the window and landed on my feet before pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

"I've missed you so much Vic." He sighed resting his chin on my head.

"Me too." I said truthfully. He kissed me right before going off to summer camp where they didn't allow cell phones.

It was really rough. I tossed and turned at night thinking about him, I didn't even know where we stood relationship wise.

He gave me a kiss before pulling away and smiling confidently at me. I returned the smile and I knew by the way he looked at me we were more than friends. That's all I needed for all of my worries to fly away.

At that one moment he was the only thing that mattered. Our relationship wasn't based on attraction or lust, it was based on the friendship that started it all and that made it all the more worth wild.

We thought it would last forever. When he moved away I was devastated.

We corresponded through letters and on the phone. After months the letters got less frequent and then stopped all together when he wrote me telling me he found someone else.