Chapter 16

Dai POV
The two guards were lying dead on the ground. I walked through the corridors away from the two. The longest was beheaded and the other had a hole in his chest.

Finally I came to a servant. "You there!" I shouted at her.

She was shocked and fear appeared in her eyes when I came closer. "Where is the master?"

She was trembling all over her body. "With his guests at the arena. Second door and... "

I interrupted her. "I know the way." And ignored her further.

I had to go to the middle of this whole 'palace'. And put honest I once took the wrong hallway. Maybe I didn't remember the way as good as I thought.

Except from that one wrong turn I still came at a door leading to the room where I had first seen Ezra and where he saved my sister ...

I felt the dark again fade away just when I pushed open the big doors. But at the sight of "the master" it welled up again immediately. He had two guests: a man and a woman. All three of them looked at me. The master stood up and his hand was on his whip. "Who are you? You have no business here. Watchmen! "

I activated my lightsaber. "You've already lost two of them there so maybe you can recall them best."

Three guards were walking in, but the master stopped them with a hand gesture. They left again. "What do you want?"

"Me?" I stepped toward him. "I prefer you dead." I hold my lightsaber before his throat. "But ..." I dropped it again. "My master has other plans for you. So for now you will stay alive. "

On his face appeared relieved. "For now, I said." I chuckled.

Now there appeared back some anxiety on his face. "You can come along voluntarily or we can always do it on the hard, fun way."

"Do you think I'm going to listen to a child. I don't let me command by someone. "

"The difficult then." I held out my hand and began to slowly chuckle him. He clutched his throat and finally his eyes rolled up in his eye sockets and I stopped. His body fell to the ground. I bent down to check if he was still breathing anyway.

And fortunately there was a heartbeat.

I felt the eyes of the man and woman at me. I looked at them. "Problems?"

They both shook their heads. "Good."

I really enjoyed the power I had now.

Maia POV

My heart broke.

So much pain. I bit my lip and did my best to hold back my tears.

"So for a few weeks he had been the champion, we became good friends and he also with my brother Dai." I started again. "All the time he was thinking only about one thing and that was escaping. Then something strange happened: Ezra lost a fight. The master and many were suspicious that something was not right. At night he came to us two, confessed that he... "

I was interrupted by a shout even louder than the first. More pain that sounded inside. It was awful. "He told me he had lost in exchange for information about the chip in us." I did my best to push away my thoughts about the scream. "We cut it out and were able to escape so. It turned out that she put it in our left foot. Since then, we were living in his tower just till the incident because of what I left. "

And then I realized that I had nothing more to tell and so my thoughts came back. What did he with Ezra? Maybe he's dead. I didn't heard another shout.

Than the door opened again. It was the Inquisitor. He probably came to torture us now. As if he had not already done that. Ezra was a weak point for us al. He connected the Ghost crew together. I saw it when he came running in not long ago or when they came to rescue him.

"What have you done with him?" Asked Sabine. I looked at her. No Sabine, you show that it worked.

"Oh. Everyone knows that children who don't listen are punished. "A sinister smile appeared on his face, and his pointy teeth where visible.

Please Sabine, do not respond.

And thankfully she did. "Not really very talkative exactly today." Grinned the Inquisitor. He walked to the empty wall and put something on it. He pressed a button on his collection on his left forearm.

On the wall appeared the image of a blank cell. "You better prepared. There is a show planned for today. "

He walked back to the door and let us hang in there with all our questions. The door opened and he stopped a moment when his com chirped. "What?" He said rather brutal. "I'm on my way." Replied someone. Dai? "Good. Come to cell A-28 and tie it in place with two chains. "I could hear him answer before he really left the cell.

Ezra POV

I do not know how long it lasted but eventually again someone came into the cell.

I was lifted up and placed on the bench metal that hung at the wall, as in most of the cells.

I kept my eyes closed.

Then I felt something cold on my lightsaber burns. I let out a groan. At the same time it did well, but also it was painful.

I opened my eyes and saw a woman in white who tended my wounds.

"Why?" I asked. She jumped up at the sound of my voice. She probably thought I was asleep or unconscious from the pain. Immediately she went back to work.

"Orders." She replied.

Why would they torture me first and then send someone to take care of me. Don't they know a prisoner usually breaks easier when they are injured and weaker?

Hey you don't hear me complaining.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the fact that my pain slowly subsided.

And then I fell asleep. And dreamed...

I stood next to Dai. Our faces both hidden under our hood. What is it with these mantles?

Behind us Maia sat with a boy beside her. Maybe he was three, maybe four years younger than her. Maybe he was Jonathan?

The boy was staring at Dai's back, Maia at mines.

"Kill them." the Inquisitor ordered us.

I turned to Dai and activated my blue lightsaber as he walked backwards.

He didn't ordered us. He had ordered me ...

Kanan POV

We all stared at the wall where the cell was projected on. The cell was no longer empty.

Dai had come in and had dragged someone. A man. The man was tied with two chains by Dai and before he had left the cell he had looked at the camera with a devilish grin on his face, he then left the man alone.

The man was now awake and was screaming that they had to free him.

"He looks so familiar." Said Maia suddenly.

I looked at her and her face appeared an expression from which I decided that she find out who it was.

"The Master" she whispered.

And even though she hung in front of me, the furthest away from me, I could hear her anyway.