Chapter 3

Ezra POV

I opened the door of my tower with the code and walked inside. Against the wall, I let myself slide down to the floor.

What just happened to me?

Inside of me there was a cold that had begun to spread throughout my body. I shivered still from it. It reminded me of what happened on the asteroid with the Fyrnock.

Ezra calm, I said to myself. Calm down your mind as Kanan always says. Slowly I closed my eyes and breathed quietly in and out.

The door slid open. Footsteps. Someone came in and sat beside me.

"Ezra? Everything okay? "I heard Kanans voice.

"I used it again as it did whit the Fyrnock." Tears rolled down my cheeks. Kanan had to be disappointed in me.

That time I was glad I couldn't remember anything of it, but now ... I realized everything too well. It was awful!

Kanan put an arm around me and I leaned against him.

Kanan POV

I put my arm around my padawan, and he leaned against me in response.

"Now tell me who is this guy and what's with that Maia?"

Ezra hesitated, but decided to tell me. "I met Dai when he tried to rob me, but stealing from another pickpocket is not too smart." Ezra began. "I stole something from him in the place and he chased me. When he got into trouble with some stormtroopers, I decided to help him. Then we become partners. He brought me to his hideout where I met Maia. His sister. The three of us made the empire once crazy and there were some lovely wanted posters. "

A smile appeared on Ezra's face.

"Everything went well for three years, after which he began to lie, brought us constantly in trouble. He started fights Maia and I always had to solve, because he, the coward himself, couldn't. "

Now Ezra had become angrier and he had clenched his fists.

"Also, our missions also went less well. And finally I was imprisoned because he ran away. "

His voice had slightly a louder volume.

"I knew after five days to escape by myself. When I was back, Dai told me he had gambled Maia with a game of Sabbath. His own sister! We decided to buy her back. I stole everything to sell on the black market and eventually we succeeded. All above me. Maia then left the team. But I decided to give Dai another chance. The next mission he wasted it already. He had sold me to the empire, but I escaped the same day. I've search for both, Dai and Maia, but both were completely gone. I broke in at the academy and hacked the computer. Since it was unsuccessful I thought they were both gone and I lived back on my own. "

Ezra ended his story. It looks as a great burden fell off of his chest.

Okay, I understood a bit the response of Ezra. Dai was a real traitor.

"And now you think if we let him go he betrayed us to the Empire?"

"You have me." Ezra confirmed my suspicion.

At that moment the door opened again.

"Code not changed after the last time?" Dai entered the room.

"Not much has changed here." Dai look around the room. "Just some more helmets."

"How dare you even set foot here." Ezra hissed at him as he stand up.

"Wow quietly." He held out his hands as a gesture of protection in the air. "I was just wondering if there were still some things of mine here."

So I assumed that they had lived here with his threes.

"Sold." Said Ezra. He had a mean tone in his voice. This is a side of Ezra that I hadn't seen yet.

"Not really a surprise." Dai ran with his hand through his brown hair.

Ezra POV

I had to do my best to keep me from throwing him from the tower.

"Why do you still at it." I then said rather bluntly.

Dai sighed deeply. Honestly, Dai seemed to be broken in pain. "Can I speak with you alone for a moment?"

Kanan stood up and walked out. The door closed and Dai slumped against the wall. "Ezra, I know what I did was terrible, but I really need your help."

I hit my arms and didn't say anything.

"It is Maia. They have her Ezra. The empire has her. "