Chapter 9

Kanan POV

"Euh Kanan I believe our distraction is working a bit too good." Said Zeb who ran beside me and occasionally shot back at the troopers who were chasing us.

Maybe Zeb did have a point. I did not expect that there would be so many troopers, but they probably increased the number after they caught Ezra.

"We can't complain about their welcoming committee." I joked.

"Is it really the time for jokes?"

I raised my shoulders. "No, but that's what the kid would have said now."

"This is better be good because I'm not sure I will be able to listen to more of those jokes."

I rolled my eyes.

We came at a fork. "Right or left?" Zeb asked me.

I focused equally. "Left." And we turned left.

"I found Ezra, but no sign of Dai or Maia." I heard through my com.

"Just let them. We first saved Ezra. Where he is? "I answered Sabine.

"Cell A-49. You know I do not understand why they have to put a 'A' in front of the number. There are no cells on the upper floors." Sabine said.

"Well no idea Sabine, but we come to you as soon as we have said goodbye to our welcoming committee."

"And how are you going to do that?" Zeb asked.

I thought for a moment. "I have an idea. Follow me."

Stormtrooper POV

We were chasing the two rebels. The Lasat and the man. They entered a door inside. Did they really think we were that stupid? I can't understand why we never arrested them before.

Along with eleven other troopers, I arrived at the door. They didn't even barracked the door or so.

We all went inside. The space was empty.

Then two explosives rolled between our feet.

Oh shit!

Sabine POV

I was already waiting for Kanan and Zeb for a while. Finally I saw them run around the corner. Fortunately, no bucket heads.

"What took you so long?" I complained. I was really bored while waiting for at least four full minutes. Maybe even five.

"Complaining can later Sabine." Kanan said. "Lead the way."

I went ahead and hit a corridor to the right and was counting the cells. 47. 48 and 49. "Here it is."

I stopped quite suddenly and Kanan almost bumped into me. I gave him an apologetic look.

I opened the cell door. We went inside. There was a figure on the bench.

"Ezra?" I asked hesitantly.

The person took off his hood and it was a girl. They activated a red lightsaber. Kanan also activated his. The girl seemed rather to hesitate.

And before we could use her hesitation, the Inquisitor also came in with other troopers.

This wasn't going to be easy.

Ezra POV

I opened my eyes again. The first thing I felt was the cold.

What happened?