Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

Jameson's cupboard was on the same side of the wall as my window seat, I found, and I pulled open the doors. Unsurprisingly, only five things hung in his cupboard, two t-shirts, two pairs of black jeans and a jacket. Then, I mentally concluded that Jameson was very clever, as I realised the clothes were only to disguise the cupboard.

According to the map, there was a piece of wood I had to move at the back of the cupboard which would reveal a vent. I backed out of the cupboard and wasted no time in calling Jameson again, slotting my phone inside my back pocket.

My fingers moved frantically around in the back of the cupboard, searching for something to move. Then my right index finger fell into a dent in the wood, I frowned but pulled at it. The wood jolted and fell into me. I caught it and threw it onto Jameson's bed.

Here I go into Narnia. Closing the cupboard doors behind me, I crawled into the vent. It was almost like crawling into Narnia, except for the fact that I wasn't playing a game of hide and seek—I was about to be killed.

I was ready to shoot down the vent, then I realised—I'm in my pyjamas. I cursed and ran into my room. I heard a crash from the window and frantically searched for my trainers. I slid them on, without doing the laces and then sprinted back into Jameson's room. My injured ankle complained all the while, but I quickly reminded myself that if I didn't hurry then I'd lose much more than an ankle.

I quickly crawled through the vent and then stopped to refer to the map. Apparently, if I kept going, which I had to, I would find an exit that leads outside to a fire exit. Then all I'll have to do from there is try and get the fire door to open.

Eventually, after crawling for a while longer, I came face to face with a glass window. Great. When I realised that it didn't even open my way, I manoeuvred myself so that my legs were facing the window. The space was so tight.

I braced myself, then struck out my legs and aimed for the window. I kicked pretty hard but only managed to break through the right side. I groaned as I got my right foot stuck. Okay, again.

With my left, and most weak leg, I put all my force into another kick. This time I broke threw the window and my right leg was freed. Without knowing how far down the drop was, I slipped out of the window and fell down.

I landed badly on my feet, which again did my ankle no good, and then fell down on my butt. The drop was about two metres, and I had to check that I still had my phone—alive—and the map before continuing onwards.

I called Jameson again before observing my surroundings—it looked like a deserted corridor, and at the end of it, was a fire exit door. I pushed it open and was greeted by a strong breeze and a set of stairs. I ran up them but came to a stop when I found that there was another fire exit door.

I called Jameson yet again whilst referring back to the map, hoping it would tell me how to open it.

A thud behind me made me jump and I quickly searched for the way out. Another vent?

I confirmed that theory when I found one by my feet. I quickly scrambled into it and crawled as if my life depended on it, which, it ultimately did.

According to the map, if I crawled just a little bit further, I would reach some vent in the kitchen. However, if I took a risk and decided to go further, I would reach a vent in the main guardian hall, which I have never been to.

I decided to take the risk, thinking that Jameson would probably be there. On the subject of Jameson, the call went to answer phone so I called him yet again.

I was halfway to the vent I needed when I heard a thud behind me.

My palms grew sweaty with anticipation as I crawled faster. Shit.

I found the vent and struggled with it for a while, my shaking hands giving me more grief, until I—finally—got it to open almost like a cat flap. I crawled through it. I quickly jumped out but came to a stand still when I saw the scene in front of me.

_________________________________

LOOK HOW CLOSE I AM TO 1K

I literally cut out the end of this to make it a good cliffhanger.

Sorryy

When Baeson leaves Sky for dead 😭

It's a romance made in a cemetery.

#cutedateideas

Rockabye is playing

Rockabye humans

I'm gonna rock you

I mean bye

____________
Next update: Monday–Tuesday
____________

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE SPOILER:

What did Sky see?

Who's the person?

Will Sky survive?