Alexandria gave a small smile in response before the two set off on their search. But to no avail, it wasn't until they got to the last train car and were about to give up when two identical red heads appeared before them. 

"Need a place to sit?" the one on the left asked, his eyes never leaving Alexandria's face as he smiled crookedly. 

"Unfortunately, there aren't anymore empty compartments but you are more than welcomed to sit with us," the other proposed with a grin. 

"That'd be fantastic," Vic nodded. 

"Come on," the first said with a wave of his hand and began to walk away. 

Vic began to follow after but he noticed Alexandria hesitating uncertainly. 

"I think you're safe," he smiled, Alexandria studied him and nodded. Vic wordlessly took Alexandria's trunk and followed after the twins to find a spacious compartment, the twins took a side leaving Vic to sit with Alexandria. 

The present day Vic, jumped in his bed and removed the tangled mess of his bed sheets from his limbs as he sat up in the darkness. All the while, muttering at the memory of how Alexandria had waltzed into his life. That was the very first time he had protected her from something, it was certainly not the last either, but on that train ride it was the first time he took the job of protecting Alexandria. He messed with his hair, pulling on a few strands in the process and began swearing in the dark. With a deep sigh he laid back in bed and closed his eyes, hoping for a Alexandria free sleep. 

The students of Hogwarts gathered around the strange sight before them, something never before seen to many people as they looked on stunned. Alexandria Desmond was standing with a wall of fire surrounding her as she stared down the group of Slytherins who had been harassing her potion making abilities. Vic watched from the side along with the other students as the fire continued to engulf Alexandria like a shield. 

Everyone had been on their way to dinner when this happened, Vic was on his way to get Alexandria from the library when he came upon the sight. 

"bloody hell is going on?" George whispered from beside Vic as they watched the scene. 

"She looks scared," Vic commented, he wanted to go and help but Alexandria was beyond helping. 

Students were jostled aside as McGonagall and Snape appeared. 

"Miss Desmond!" McGonagall shrieked in surprise as she hurried beside the fire. Vic cringed when he heard McGonagall give a sharp intake of breath as she pulled her hand away from the flames. 

Alexandria looked at McGonagall, Vic saw the fear and confusion written across her face, the flames shimmering threateningly around her. "I don't know what's going on!" Her voice came out distorted through the flames. 

McGonagall extracted her wand, trying to put out the flames but nothing worked, Alexandria clasped her hands over her face and knelt to the ground. Immediately the flames calmed themselves, lapping at only Alexandria's legs as she knelt down, with slow movements the professors came to the girl's sides. The flames died then, leaving Alexandria to faint on the spot, the girls who obviously had a hand in the current events looks petrified as McGonagall lifted Alexandria's body with her wand and quickly walked off. 

"Everyone off to dinner, except for you three," Snape said in his monotone voice, pointing at the three students who remained frozen. 

Alexandria had been brought to the Hospital Wing but she couldn't see anyone for two days, within those two days rumors were spreading like wildfire about what happened. When Vic was finally allowed to see his friend, he found her unharmed and laying in her hospital bed. 

"Vic, what're you doing here?" 

"Came to check on my best mate," Vic spoke as if it were obvious. 

Vic tossed the glass of water he had on his nightstand across the room as he sat up in bed, another dream about his past. But it was different...it was from second year when Alexandria had an accident with her magic, resulting in the student body to regard her with a new found fear. Why would he look back on these moments in his life? Maybe his conscious was trying to suggest just how much he actually missed Alexandria, she was an important part of his life. 

Why couldn't he just get rid of her? She had gotten rid of him! After all he wasn't part of her family, not in her eyes. Vic's fists punched the mattress before rolling over. 

 ~*~*

When Vic woke up again he slunk out of bed and headed to the kitchen he jumped so far up in the air that his hair brushed the low ceiling. He glared at Fred Weasley as the red headed intruder leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen. 

"I'm not picking sides, mate," Fred stated firmly with raised hands, "but I am here to get some clothing for her." 

Vic scowled darkly and scoffed, brushing pass him to get a cup of coffee, he didn't care what Fred chose to do. But he paused when he put the filter in the coffee pot, "how did you get in?" 

"Alexandria still had her key on her....I took it," Fred shrugged. Vic looked at Fred, noticing his stance--stiff and worried, gaze down at the ground. Vic needed coffee before he could handle any of this conversation. "Had to give her an entire bottle of a sleeping drought just to get her to sleep," Fred said behind him as Vic slammed the coffee down on the counter. 

"Sleeping drought only knocks her out temporarily, she needs drought of peace to sleep," Vic whispered without a single thought about how ticked he was at Alexandria. 

"Look, I know what she said was wrong...but can't you let her explain?" 

"So you are on her side," Vic snapped as he turned around, his eyes narrowing at Fred. 

"I'm in the middle, but I hate watching Alexandria basically crumble into a lifeless mess," Fred explained. "It's been six days of this, Vic." 

"It's her fault," Vic snapped, "get out of my flat, Fred. Take whatever clothes you need, but get the hell out." 

Fred sighed deeply, "are you still willing to work at the shop?" 

Vic frowned and nodded, "but only if she's not there." 

"I'll do my best to make sure that happens then," Fred nodded. 

Vic sighed, rubbing his face harshly as the coffee dripped into the pot, he looked at Fred and worried his bottom lip. "Is she really staying with you?" 

A smile crossed Fred's face before he took a neutral expression, "when you kicked her out she yelled at James and Peter to get out of her life completely. She was so distraught, she didn't want to come with us but we coaxed her to staying with us." 

Vic nodded, not wanting to tell him how he was feeling. How he actually did miss her laugh, but if he wasn't family to her, then he wanted nothing to do with her. A voice in the back of his mind continued to tell him how he missed her while another reminded him of what she had said. "Don't you have clothing to be getting?" Vic growled lowly. 

 Fred was silent as he walked off, Vic turned to the coffee, pouring it into his mug with some sugar. When Fred returned he had a small bag in his hand as he hesitated by the door. 

"Do you think you'll ever talk to her again?" Fred mused. 

Vic's heart pained slightly, he wanted to mention that every night since he kicked her out he had been dreaming none stop of the past, deep down in his heart he truly wanted to talk to her--but that part was losing out to the anger he felt. Vic didn't say any of that, instead he sipped his coffee for a long time before putting it on the counter beside him. 

"Send an owl when work starts up again," Vic said stiffly. 

 ~*~*~ 

Forgive my grammar and spelling errors, I had written this on my Ipod. 

Hope you enjoyed it!