Part12 If you cant beat em' Join em'

A/N: So here is part12 for you guys. Don't be too excited this is just a filler but it is leading up to something so don't fret. if you follow the tv series youll know what coming up in up coming chapters. if not I wont spoil it! Happy reading

RECAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I made my way back to the main room when I noticed everyone gathering together for a toast. Another glass was handed to me this time with a pink tinted champagne. Guess I wasn't leaving just yet.

I walked towards the back of the room. Elijah was standing with Elena so I was guessing they weren't done talking. As everyone raised their glasses and sipped I downed mine and set my empty glass down on the closest flat surface I could find. I left without even grabbing my wrap.

Well that ball sucked.

ELIJAH'S POV

I stood holding the charred sage, it had been burned the same way mother used to do a privacy spell. But what could she want to talk about privately? 

I stood in a small living area overlooking my brothers. Niklaus was dabbling with his sketching and Kol as per usual was complaining about the lack of "fun" and Rebekah...Rebekah still had not come home since leaving last night.  

The door slammed shut and in walked my sister still in last nights dress. Well speak of the devil.

Before I could say anything or ask of her whereabouts Kol beat me to it. 

"Well well well, theres our girl"

He stood in front of her. "Get out of my way Kol"

I sighed. Kol always did like to egg us on. Maybe that's why he too received a dagger through his heart.  

"Out all night what a scandle. I trust you did better than that commoner...Matt was it?"

That's right she had invited the human boy as her date to the ball last night. Speaking of which I had not talked to Nicolette since dancing with her at the ball. I felt ashamed. I had invited her as my date and yet I had chased after Elena for information most of the night. If she was the same as she was when I last met her she would be more than angry, but she wouldn't hit me head on with her anger. No she would be very sneaky about until I went to her begging. But I really did need to make it up to her. I had not been a gentleman at all and as I considered myself a person of high morals my actions were not sitting well with me.

"If you don't shut your mouth the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." 

I looked up to see Niklaus laughing at our younger siblings.

"Don't start Nik" Rebekah snapped.

"I didn't say anything"

Kol sat back down on the couch "Im bored. Our sister is a strumpet but at least shes having fun. I need entertainment"

"What are you waiting for go on, have at it" Niklaus answered

"But I don't want to go alone. Join me Nik. Its the least you can do for sticking a dagger in my heart"

"Okay why not, I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date" 

Kol then turned to look at me a sneaky smirk slipping onto his face. I didn't like that look, it always meant trouble.

"Or maybe I should pay your little friend a visit brother. She was quite delightful and maybe with the way you completely abandoned her for the doppelganger last night she may just take me up on my offer."