Missing in Action

Start from the beginning

How could someone possibly love me when I have never even looked at myself with caring eyes. My crystal blue eyes reflected the hateful glares that I was so used to receiving. I viewed myself as they viewed me. 

Just a burden. 

Shaking my hands out, I force the claws back into my finger tips. That's enough of that.

There's no time to be wallowing. People are dying and if they are going to keep me alive that means that I can do something. 

Maybe for once I will be able to do something before it's to late. 

Cracking my neck, I slowly raise from the ground. I turn on my heel, prepared to close the window above me when a strange scent catches my attention. Craning my neck, I peak out of the window, my eyes glowing a sharp amber as I enhance my sight. 

The backyard is empty, the edge of the forest teaming with noise. 

Terra. The wind whispers my name. A slight feminine tone conveyed. 

Hush, she can't know yet. Another breeze blows past the room, a new voice being carried to me. 

How much longer do we need to wait for? 

Not much longer. A new voice answers the two, silencing them completely. 

My eyes widen as I lean further out of the window. I know that voice. 

Lukas. 

I growl, my eyes burning. I can only guess that my once golden eyes are now shifting to the red, out of place color.

What is he doing here? 

Glancing back to my locked door, I sniff for Stiles' scent. He's not here anymore, I didn't even hear him leave. He must have gone to Scott's. I leap from the window, breaking off into a sprint as soon as I land. 

Lukas, you son of a bitch, I'm ending this. I don't know why you're here, but you should have stayed away. I'm not the same girl I used to be. 

Two years ago

I tighten the over sized leather jacket around my body, my vibrant blue eyes scanning the crowd for anything out of place. 

It's been three days. 

So far nobody has noticed me. 

I glance at my stolen watch, the second hand having stopped exactly seven minutes ago. I'm going to need a new one. 

I'm suddenly shocked out of my inner thoughts when I collide with another person. I yelp out in surprise, my eyes widening as I glance up at the person who I ran into. 

Another kid, probably two years older than me stands before me. His annoyed expression turning into a small smile as he gazes down on me. 

"I'm sorry- I wasn't watching where I was going." I mutter out, glancing over his shoulder to make sure I don't see any one from the foster home I had just ran away from. 

"No problem." He smiles, placing a hand on my arm. 

I look down at his hand, my lips tugging down in a frown. "What are you doing."

"Just keep talking to me. You seem like you're hiding from someone and....." He trails off as two police officers walk past us. I freeze, grabbing onto the hand that's grasping my forearm. My eyes follow the two as they walk past us, not sparing us a glance as the boy leans down towards me.