Ch.79

Claire's P.O.V.

Claire - I'm here

I text Alex letting her know I'm here as I pull up into the drive way. Immediately she responds.

Alex - okay please don't come up to the door. I don't want you to get hurt, I'll be out in a second.

I stay in the car like she wants me to bud gosh I'm scared. Hopefully Lana didn't hurt her in any way. This is my chance to prove to Alex that I could be good for her. That I'll be by her side through everything. The kids too. It's perfect that they are coming because I can show her that I can take care of kids.

Looking at the front door to Lana's house waiting for Alex and the kids I see a light turn on. The door opens and I see Alex holding the baby, while holding Peyton's hand. She turns around and I see Lana right behind her. Lana is grabbing onto Alex's arm trying to make her stay with her. Should I go out? Ugh I don't know, I mean she told me to stay in the car but she's in trouble. Fuck it, I'm going to help.

I open the car door running out. "Hey, hey Lana let her go." I yell trying to take her hand off of Alex's arm. "God bitch go to hell, get the fuck away from me." She yells at me, as I see a beer in her hand. Alex finally gets out of her grip. And starts to run towards the car. Peyton follows her but is behind a bit. "Those are my kids too" Lana yells at Alex. "You don't need kids if you're going to act this way." I say, turning around and walking off.

"I hate you" she screams and throws her beer bottle trying to hit me but fails. "Okay ya psycho" I say simply then run off to the car. Quickly I buckle up and take off pressing on the gas pedal. "Thank you so much. I'm so sorry I called so late like this. I was just really scared." Alex says sounding tired. "It's okay I understand." I say making sure she knows I'm fine with her doing that, kinda even glad in fact.

"She didn't hurt you did she?" I ask concerned. "No not me but the kids she did." "Oh god how? What did she do?" "Well she started hitting Lavenders back really hard, and I'm not sure what all she did to Peyton but I know she was pulling on her hair really tightly." I look back at Peyton and see her eyes shut. She must be asleep. "That's horrible. What's her problem? What made her even start drinking?"

"Honestly I don't know. I mean we were in the bed ready to go to sleep, which was normal but then I just woke up to her yelling at me." "Geez that seems crazy." I shake my head. "Yeah it was. I had to lock her out of our bedroom. I was nervous she would have gotten in still." "Well don't worry she can't get you at my house. She's not set to drive and I doubt she would even attempt to." I put my hand on her thigh. She looks down at it then looks back at me as we make eye contact. A smile, she gives me a small smile. Aww.

______________________________

Alex's P.O.V.

I wake up finding myself on a couch. Lavender is in my arms and Peyton is on another couch. The smell of food takes over my nose, carefully I lift my head up to not wake Lavender. I see Claire in just a long t-shirt makes some breakfast. Again carefully I get up and walk to the kitchen. "Morning." I say making her jump. "Morning haha you scared me." I laugh.

Her hair is in a cute little messy bun, it flaps as she comes walking to me. "Here's some food for you. I've got some more for the kids for when they wake up." She says smiling. "Thank you." I gladly accept the breakfast she has made for me. She gets herself a plate and we sit down together at her table. "It was sweet of you to do what you did last night. I don't know anyone else who would do that." I say wanting to thank her again. "It was no problem. I wouldn't want you to be stuck in a house with some psychotic drunk person."

My phone starts to ring, I look at see the caller id and of course it's Lana. I roll my eyes and answer. "Hello?" "Alex oh my god I feel horri-" she gets cut off by throwing up. "I feel horrible" she cries. It breaks my heart but I need to be stern with her. She'll never learn if I'm not. "Lana that's all your fault. You did it to yourself. So suck it up and accept the consequences." "Please Alex I need you. You don't understand how bad my head hurt, and I am continuously throwing up."

"Sorry but I can't do anything about that. You decide to get yourself drunk and go crazy around the house the kids and I had to leave. So you're dealing with this on your own." Gosh this is so hard to do. "Wh-where are you guys?" My eyes go big. I can't believe she forgot about the whole me trying to leave the house thing. Claire even went up to her. "We are in a safer place. Goodbye Lana." I hang up the phone without letting her say another word.

I bring my hand up to my face, processing what just happened. "You okay?" Claire asks rubbing my arm. "It's just Lana. She's not feeling well at all." I wanna cry more than anything but I don't want Claire to see me like that. "Do you wanna go check on her? I can watch the kids." "Really you would?" I ask shocked. I thought she was only letting us stay her so she could get closer to me. "Yeah. You need to go check on your girlfriend. I understand." "Thank you so much. I'll be back soon." She hands me her car keys and I take off.

It's been thirty minutes since I've been driving but traffic is horrible. I'm almost to the house though. Lana was blowing my phone up earlier trying to call and text but I wasn't answering. She needs to learn her lesson. Peyton was scared as hell last night and so was I. Lavender couldn't comprehend and of that. Lana can't be pulling another stunt like that again.

Quickly I turn into the driveway wanting to see my girlfriend but mad at her at the same time. I open the front door. "Lana" I scream in horror. She's just laying there on the couch, looking lifeless. "Oh my god baby" I run to her side. "Open your eyes baby open them." I shake her body crazily. Tears fall out of control. "Please I'm sorry. Please just do something." I cry with my head on her stomach.

I take my phone out and dial 911 and thy said they will send a ambulance. Right as I hang up with them I call Claire. "She's just knock out. An ambulance is on their way right now. Claire I'm so scared." I cry. The sirens of the ambulance becomes clear and loud letting me know it's here. People rush in and put Lana on a stretcher. They put her in the back of the truck and I get in with her. I'm not leaving her side anymore.

_______________________________

Legit wanted to cry while writing that last part. Poor Lana baby.
Sorry for any spelling errors.