Chapter eighteen- Our love song

Indigo's hand engulfed mine, as a warm embrace was shared. The stars dance above us, the crickets sang cheerfully...Everything felt right, nothing could tear a rip in this moment...
Our bodies had drifted away, our eyes meeting instead. Before I knew it, lust had consumed us.  I...Conclude....that Indigo is the BEST....At kissing, that is...

I was on cloud nine, the hyperactive ecstasy that courses through my vines was the perfect coverup of my beating heart, a wild gorilla caught in a cage...

...Yeah, that gorilla comment may or may not have ruined this memory for me...

"Indigo..." I pant as a smile sprawled across my face, "I love you"
It feels so good to say, now that we're finally together I feel more confident...I can say those words knowing he loves me back....

****
We giggled under the smiling moon, we were there for hours...Taking a trip to memory lane, "Remember when you stabbed yourself?" I snort at the memory, "You know, with the pencil!?"

Indigo nods his head, sighing as he looks down at his hand, the piece of granite just visible under his dark tan skin, " Oh boy, I do I do...My question is; Why did I feel the need to poke his ass? And with the tip in my palm!"

"You were a retarded little kid."

"Retarded enough to fall for you? The girl who ate worms on a dare?" Indigo smirks a cunning smirk, cunningly handsome I might add....

I retch at the memory of worms, I hate worms no but when I was little...To me they tasted like peanut-butter and the dirt was the jelly...But as I finish vomiting at the memory, I laughed, "Well, you weren't that much of a retard if you fell for me..." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a quick peck....that turned into yet another dreamy make-out session...

Bark and leaves crack before us, a tall figure gleaming over in the dark night. A stern cough had been let out, stopping us in our tracks, "Guys...The....Teachers need you back..." I looked up at the obviously depressed voice. Tyson turns quickly as my gaze meets with his....

"Sorry, Tysh-Tyson..." I looked at the ground next to me, I felt like I had to call him by his nickname but wouldn't that upset him more?

I rise with indigo in perfect unison, I push indigo to run ahead as I need to turn Tyson down..."Ty-"

"So you're a THING, now?" His tone is wobbly, face pointed away....A tear just sparkles in the moonlight, it slowly falls down his check as we walk.

"Y-yeah..." I straighten my back and push out the following with confidence, "I realised I couldn't stray from my original path...Even if you are..."

"Hot? Devilishly sexy? Perfect for you?" He interjects, his attempts of crushing my soul won't work, I th-know I made the right decision, "You kissed me then left, do you have any idea how much it hurts?!"

I scowl, running in front of him to give him a slap. The sound resounded through the night, animals fled as I huffed an angry huff, "Get it together! Don't  act like a SPOILED BRAT! First of all, YOU kissed me first. Secondly, I have felt what you feel ONLY yours it make believe because your Mummy didn't buy you the barbie you wanted."

I sigh at his hesitation to another, not a single movement was made by his party, "Do...you want to sit down? I'll talk to you."

*****

The short beginning of the time we shared that night were awkward...We sat on a nearby log, viewing the stars and worrying about the deadly snakes that lies to hide in the bush...

I couldn't break the ice.

He did.

Now we're friends again....nothing much to say.

"Hey, Diana..." Tyson broke the silence, the icy remains shatter before, a blazing new conversation takes place, "what's your...favourite song?"

I look at him confused but regain myself and scan through my song bank, "Everytime we touch...?" Everytime we touch has to be my favourite --Back when I had female friends we sang it nonstop....

Tyson huffs, "I don't know it."

I gape at him, "You don't know Cascada?!"

"What's casaday?" He stares  dumbfoundedly, I can not believe he doesn't know Cascada.

"Just listen to it..." I jump up, giving Tyson a hand up.

"Maybe I will..."

"Come on, we should go."