❄ 16 ❄️ Jane, Volterra, And The Volturi ❄️

Start from the beginning

"By taking my blood by force, it could be very hazardous to your health, even deadly," Wren whispered suddenly.

Now it was Rhys' turn to ponder her words. He looked back at Wren in complete shock as her words sunk in.

"You mean by taking your blood, I could die?" he asked her quietly.

She nodded her head in response, her ice-blue eyes wide with fear and concern. Then she did something that took him by surprise, she held her wrist out to him.

"Drink," Wren said quietly.

Rhys shook his head quickly in denial and shrank back into the driverside door.

"Drink or die," she growled in a low voice. He looked over at her and saw that her face was set, her eyes completely serious. "I'm offering you my blood willingly, now drink."

He sighed heavily and stared at her tiny, snowy white wrist. Rhys could see the ice blue vein throbbing as her heart pumped blood through her body. He slowly took her arm in his hand and brushed his nose over the vein. Wren shivered slightly at the cold feel of his nose as it grazed against her skin and released a small sigh as her sweet wintery-apple scent swirled through his senses, clouding his thoughts. Rhys bit down on her wrist and she gasped as her body jerked slightly.

His grip tightened on her arm as her blood pooled inside his mouth. He drank hungrily, suckling at the wound. The ice-cold sweetness of her blood trickled down his throat like a red river, quenching his thirst and the hellish burning sensation at the back of his throat almost instantly. Rhys moaned softly as he drew in another mouthful and quickly sealed the wound with his venom. He sat back with a deep sigh of contentment as Wren examined her fast healing wound.

Silence reigned in the car before she looked up at him.

"Feeling any better?" she asked him quietly.

He nodded his head in reply to her question and turned to beam at her, dazzling her with his beauty. "Much." he sighed in contentment.

"Good." Wren nodded her own head and sat back in her seat as he started the engine and drove down the highway.

They drove in complete silence as Wren watched the trees flash silently by her window. Rhys' thoughts were on the nomad coven and the occupants of Grimmauld Square. He hoped that Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the kids were safe. He glanced back at the road just as a figure dressed in a dark clock appeared in the middle of the road. He pressed down on the brakes, the tires squealing as the car came to a sudden stop.

The cloaked figure raised small, pale hands and pushed back the hood of the cloak, revealing a small, pretty face with wide, burgundy eyes, full red lips, and blonde hair pulled back into a tight bun at the nape of her neck. Rhys' fingers tightened around the steering wheel as the girl peered first at him and then at Wren.

"Jane." he hissed through his teeth, suddenly tense.

Wren looked at him suddenly, her ice-blue eyes bright with a mixture of fear and curiosity. Another cloaked figure appeared at her side. Jane turned a soft smile on the figure and Rhys realized suddenly that it was her twin brother, Alec. He growled low in his throat, his golden eyes immediately scanning the trees for the rest of the Volturi guard. Four more cloaked figures flitted out of the trees and surrounded the car.