Chapter 26

Hi loves,

This is the last Spring Break in Georgia chapter. Hope you like it!

Brook and Lynn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atlanta, Georgia

11:39PM

Carter

The club was packed as hell, but I wasn't complaining. Will, Kiana, and I were definitely not old enough to be in this club, but Caira was performing tonight so we had passes. It was Rich Homie Quan's birthday, and Caira's dad got her on the roster with Tyga, Ty Dolla Sign, 2 Chains, and Travis Scott. Caira's parents were sitting at a table near the stage with the head of A&R from Atlantic Records to watch the performances. Caira's parents left us to chill with a stern "be responsible." Responsible was not what I thought when I turned around and saw this nigga Will buying drinks and telling the bartender to put in on Atlantic's tab. Will turned around and handed Kiana a drink and starting sipping on one, and when I realized he didn't get me anything, I looked at him.

"What do I look like buying another nigga drinks?" I rolled my eyes. Will turned and started whispering something in Kiana's ear. She smiled and looked down. They've been acting like this ever since we went skating -  more than comfortable for a second, and then ice cold the next. Caira and I have noticed, but decided to leave them alone. I decided to say fuck it and ordered myself a drink as well. If they took Will's fake id, they would accept mine. Right when the bartender handed me my drink, the announcer started.

"How y'all doing out there?" he boomed and the crowd yelled. "That's what I like to hear! We finna get this birthday celebration started, but first I just wanted to wish my nigga Rich Homie Quan many more bad bitches in the years to come! First up, we have Ty Dolla Sign!" the crowd exploded and the MC tried to get everyone to calm down. "That's not all y'all he is being joined onstage by a new young artist named Caira Taylor, and word on the street is she can blow. Let me get out the way so they can start. Give it up y'all!"

As the crowd cheered the stage got dark. The music started and smokey purple lights shone. I could see Caira's figure rising from the stage. She was facing the back and began turning around and singing when the slow and hypnotic beat dropped.

"You wanna go play, right away

Well I'm fine with that

We smoke and drink all day, baby

And I'm faded like

I can't remember your name," by now two backup dancers had joined her. I knew Caira could sing but this was something different. She was in her element and really performing. I think this is the first time I really thought about Caira making it big. I'm not gonna lie the way her body was moving was distracting me from hearing the song, and I swore she was looking in my direction when she sang:

"I'm 'bout to tell you dirty, dirty little secret

I'ma keep it daddy, daddy, can you keep it?"

I looked over at the table where her parents were sitting, and I saw Caira's dad teasing her mom. When "Bandit" ended she moved on to her new single "I'm Yours." The next song was her last because she only got three songs as an opener. The beat started and I recognized it as her remix of "Or Nah." When she finished her verse, Ty Dolla Sign came up behind her and started singing the chorus and Cee-Cee sang it too. I had a hard time listening though because she was dancing a little too close to him. The lyrics of the song weren't making me feel any better either:

You gonna run it for these hundreds girl or nah?

Show me is you really bout that money girl or nah?