Event Fourteen: GSA

Start from the beginning

So there I was, bearing through what I would like to call the most embarrassing moment of my life. You know how everyone says that your life flashes before your eyes before your life is dwindled away? Yeah, well, I didn't want to live through this moment again. But because I've kept how I figured out how to have gay sex a secret from everyone, I guess I should reveal how I knew to you guys, right?

You're welcome.

My mom wasn't home during that time; she was out at her job at the candy shop a few blocks away from our home. Football practice also ended up being short, and Nico was at the library again. Also, I was pretty sure the last time I saw Tyson, he was playing video games in his room. So, I took the initiative to do a bit of research instead of doing my homework.

Now that I was this deep in the research, I was debating on whether the research would've been more enjoyable or the homework. But, I have to say, reading about gay sex was always better than my calculus homework.

I didn't want to begin to describe about what I read only because I would die from embarrassment. But, I did find a lot of useful information that would become really helpful when the time came. I wasn't sure when exactly I would initiate sex with Nico, but if the moment ever came, I wanted to make sure that I was ready.

Even though there was no one in the house, I felt the need to cover up the blush spreading all the way to my ears. Once I endured through this, I'll never have to do it again. It was the only thing that kept me going, but I almost dropped my laptop off the bed when I heard my mom call my name.

My eyes immediately darted to the nearest clock. It was already eight at night. How long was I staring at my laptop screen?

I checked my phone, and I guess I didn't hear my phone go off when a message from Nico told me that he would be leaving the library late. Apparently, someone made a huge mess of the shelves and switched all of the books around, so Nico was forced to clean up the mess.

"Percy, are you home?"

I heard my mom call again from the front door, and I yelled back that I was in my room. The excessive heat in my face hadn't dissipated in the slightest, and I didn't feel like facing my mom during all of this.

I could barely hear movement in the living room from whatever my mom was doing, but I attempted to ignore it to continue with my research. Assigning it the name "research" made it appear to be some extremely important and confidential information, but at this point, everyone knew that it wasn't the case at all.

My gaze eventually found the clock hanging near the top of my bedroom wall. I returned home after the short session of practice for football at around four. I sighed exasperatedly, closing my laptop and rubbing my temples. I couldn't believe I was just researching for a time that may never even arrive for four hours straight. Never in my life have I been so committed to looking for information for so long. I didn't even do my homework in such a long amount of time; I usually gave myself breaks in between assignments.

I would've blamed this on Nico's effect on me, but it was really just me making sure I didn't screw everything over with Nico. After everything the guy has endured, I didn't want him to get hurt anymore. I just wanted him to live the rest of his life with a happy smile on his face.

I would never be able to forgive ashor anyone that hurt Nico. Even if it was me.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when I gentle knock came upon my open door. There stood my mom with an amused smile on her face.

"What are you doing just sitting there staring at the wall?"

I chuckled nervously, my face heating up more. "Nothing. I just got off my laptop is all. I guess I just zoned out or something."