20

Chapter 20

Aunt was still shouting.

I barely made her actually lead the team towards the Control Room. She wanted me to go back to staff immediately. When I refused I heard her stop dead in her tracks in the middle of the corridor, making ten people slam against each other.

"What do you mean, no?" She screamed.

"Oh my god, aunt, I mean no! Just get here and stop screaming or someone will hear you. I'm only protecting you from the cameras and nothing else. Just get here and bug the computer!"

"Your daughter will never be a part of us unless she gets rid of genetical hard-headedness," she snapped and stomped towards me.

The door opened and they walked in, closing it behind them. I noticed aunt taking deep breaths to keep herself from strangling me. She had to know I wouldn't obey her.

She took a small black device out of her pocket and put it on the main computer.

Dice came and hugged me. I reluctantly wrapped my arms around him.

"I was worried," he whispered in my ear.

"I can protect myself," I told him.

"I see," he said, gesturing to the unconscious men. "I remember the time when you couldn't."

I was brought back to our first actual meeting. He saved me from the Government for the first time then.

"Excuse me, who knocked out that cop?" I said and pulled out.

I felt guilty when I got so close to him. It felt like I should be doing something else, like saving people instead of romancing around. Somewhy, somehow, he always knows what I need and it has to be something else than mind-reading.

"It's not hard to guess what you need," he said in my head and smirked. Darn it.

"Why?" I asked him out loud because I couldn't focus my thoughts enough to let him understand something.

"Beause you always need a hug." He said in my head.

I stared at him in shock. He could be right.

"Getting access," said Damien in our earbuds, taking my attention. "Almost... done. I have the access. Now get- no. Don't move. Ruby, that man is already questioning the girl."

"What? I told him the order was to question her at dawn!"

"It's always dawn until I fix this. He doesn't seem to be the one obeying the rules."

"What's happening?" Asked aunt.

"I used a girl that stood on guard to get inside making her seem to be a rebel and took her to the questioning. I told him the president wanted her questioned after dawn, but he hurried. The girl will say we're-" I was cut off by alarms echoing everywhere. "-inside."

Dice locked the door while I stared at the cameras.

"Damien, did you hack the domes?" I asked.

"Almost, yeah. Only needs a push."

"Do it," said aunt.

For a few secons Damien went silent and then he spoke. "Done. Good morning, everyone."

I smiled. "Good morning."

"They're blocking all the exits. You can't get out," said he.

Of course amazing news had to be accompanied with the worst ones.

"What do you mean we can't?" Dice said.

"I meant what I said," he snapped. "You have to hide until they decide you got away and then leave."