Chapter 2

Karlie woke up feeling much more refreshed than she normally does. Even though she likes to schedule early morning workouts, she would rather sleep in any day. Karlie decided to hit the gym early today and do something productive with her extra energy boost.

After a few hours with her trainer, Karlie decided to head into work a little early. She made her way to the back room and got ready for the shoot.

A familiar voice spoke, startling her slightly. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Karlie Kloss."

"Hey Lily." Karlie turned around, meeting her friend with a smirk.

"You're early." Lily smiled, opening her arms an enveloping Karlie in a hug. "How've you been babe?"

A slight blush made its way to Karlie's cheeks. "Good actually. Really good. What's new?"

Lily recognized that familiar blush on her friend's cheeks. "Glad to hear it. Nothing really since I saw you the other night."

Karlie smiled to herself, recalling everything that happened a few nights ago. "Right. I had a lot of fun. It was a good night."

"It was. I was surprised you actually stayed out so late." Lily wanted to get Karlie talking about Taylor. She knew there was something special with them. Taylor told her all about it and even played her that song. Lily could tell by the way Karlie acted that night that the girl felt the same as Taylor, but she wanted to hear her say it.

"I know." Karlie replied with a laugh. "I was just having a really good time. It's been awhile since I had a fun night out like that."

Lily shot her friend a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"What?" Karlie questioned, confused by Lily's reaction.

"What do you mean it's been a while since you had a night like that?" Lily clarified.

Karlie sighed, lifting her shoulders. "I just... I don't know Lil. You know I don't really like going out much. But the other night was just... different?" Karlie offered, trying to figure out what she was even trying to say. "It was really nice."

Lily smirked, knowing a certain someone was responsible for making that night better. "You and Taylor seemed to really hit it off."

Karlie blushed, looking down to avoid her friend's gaze. Hearing Taylor's name, she smiled looking down at her feet. "Yea. She's really great. I mean, we didn't get to talk all that much, but she just seems like a good person."

Lily nodded her head. "She is. I've known her for years."

Karlie glanced up, meeting Lily's eyes briefly before looking away again. "Oh yea. You mentioned that. How long have you guys known each other?"

"A while. Maybe like 6 years or so." Lily was amused by Karlie not being able to look at her.

Karlie just nodded her head, absorbing the information as she looked around the set; people bustling around them.

"Have you talked to her since then?" Lily asks, wondering if Taylor followed through and called her or not.

"Yea." Karlie smiled, her cheeks flushing again.

Lily smiled, enjoying seeing Karlie blush and seeing the way her face lit up at the mention of Taylor.

"We uh, she actually called me yesterday and I called her again last night."

Lily was genuinely shocked. She didn't think Taylor would go through with it, and she certainly didn't think they would have talked twice already. "You guys talked twice in the same day?"