Chapter 11: Wet dress...

Gah i know this isn't even qualified as a chapter!! Don't kill me...*squeezes eyes shut* I just felt kind of bad for not uploading in ages i'll try to upload sooner and hopefully a bit longer too...you're right talking wiht your eyes closed is kind of weird o_0 *opens eyes* Please COMMENT and vote on this booky if thou doth likey it!! EAT GUMMY BAERS THEY'RE GOOD FOR YOU...okay mabe I lie...hehe... :D

RECAP:

Like dealing with an asshole, an evil grandma, and seven despicable sexist ranch hands wasn’t enough! Sure why not add an utter conniving bitch into my summer too. 

Chapter 11:

The sun beat down mercilessly, the fabric of my sun dress sticking to my back, my bangs plastered to my forehead as droplets of sweat began to roll down my forehead. I swiped at them ferociously, waiting for this ride from freaking hell to be over.

Looking over to May I saw, to my utter disdain, that not a sweat had broken upon her clear face. Freakishly, abnormally un-sweaty person, I hope there some kind of health-hazard for that. Now, why was I practically swimming in sweat you ask? Basically because it was someone’s bright idea to take a freaking de-tour which was supposed to be ‘faster’, emphasis on the supposed to be.

I stared at my feet, looking at the soft discoloration on my favourite flats, thank you sweet country dirt, thank you. Now I could either woefully stare down at my flats or if I even attempted to look up I’d be met by a bare chest, since every single bloody ranch hand had taken their shirts off, and hey I’m not complaining, its just that I didn’t want to give them the glee of knowing I thought that they were hot. Stupid logic, a girl can’t even stare at a hot shirt-less guy these days, let alone eight of them…

May however, was taking full advantage of this situation, sidling right up to Seth. I watched as she smoothed her hand over his toned, tanned chest, licking her full lips in approval before giggling and whispering into his ear. Seth raised an eye brow at her but didn't say or do much else.

I couldn’t quite figure out the source of the sickening feeling bubbling at the pit of my stomach from the three options I could think of, like whether it was the heat, the heaving truck or the fact that May was all over Seth. God, please don't let it be the last one.

Suddenly the truck jerked to a stop, flushing May right against Seth and me against Nick. Blushing I jumped back, but only after I caught the glare Seth sent over to Nick in warning. A small smile pushed through despite my best efforts to not be petty. Ah, but a petty fool I am.

Pushing past the semi-naked torsos I stepped down from the truck and looked around, imparting our surroundings a glance. We were in a clearing, lush vegetation claiming the ground, small flowers flourishing brightly in between the blossoming greenness. In the midst of all this was a large, bottle green lake, clear and placid and by the looks of it refreshingly cool. De-tour to where exactly?

A gentle breeze ruffled through the air, bringing with it a sweet, fragrant smell and the soft swish of the tall grasses surrounding us. Without even consciously registering it, I was now only two steps from the edge of the lake, the breeze creating small ripples across the once glass like surface. A small smile materialised on my face, bringing with it the sound of soft foot steps. Of course it was too late to realise what going on though.

“CANNON BALL!” Mini-waves of water slammed against my body, spurts of cold water threading through my clothes, leaving them drenched and frankly quite see through. Not a good thing in the middle of a clearing with eight immature ranch hands on a hot summers day.

“Nice rack babe!” Wolf whistles flew through the air as I ground my teeth together, hot flames of embarrassment licking my cheeks a burnt scarlet. Folding my arms across my chest I opened my eyes, glaring at the five ranch hands bobbing up and down in the cool water, while Zack, Nick and May smirked from aside. Seth took one look at my face, clearly trying not to laugh, his gaze quickly trailed down to where everyone else’s was trained to and he did the most unexpected thing. He blushed.

Lord have mercy.