Chapter 2: Horse Poo

Evil over Lord's note: okay, okay, I'm not an evil overlord. Yet. This is obviously the upload of the next chapter!!! *does crazy dance* haha SUGAR HIGH!!! Anyway... please COMMENT and vote if you likey it, I need to knowy whether this bookey is goody or noty!! Yep that makes sense XD!! 

Also, this book basically is a little profane so if that doesn't suit you the book won't either.

Chapter 2:

Dinner was loud and rather sloppy concerning the manner in which the ranch hands ate. Pigs.

 All conversation mainly consisted of talk of farm work, the up coming hoe down, the pig contest and other things that all had one thing in common- I didn’t know anything about any of the topics presented. Geez, don’t try too hard on making me feel welcome guys…

Moodily I put the food in my mouth, chewed and swallowed, wallowing in my bitter and sarcastic train of thought. I briefly considered making an effort of starting my own conversation, but my lips remained tightly pursed. What the hell am I supposed to say anyway?! So much for what mum said: “You’ll have fun, get some sun in you, I’m sure you’ll be properly welcomed.” I mentally snorted at her oh so wonderful words.

I continued to eat my food randomly tuning in and out of conversation till they joined up in a mismatched awkward heap inside my head. Suddenly my ears pricked up as my Grandma began to speak.

“Will any of ya dears, muck out the stables, they’ve been gettin’ awful smelly.” This was my chance, no one would want to do the stables but apparently it was ‘ man’s work ’ , I’ll show them.

“I’ll do it!” All eyes turned to me, their cold gazes nipping at my skin. Gulping down some of their hostility I spoke again, a little less enthusiastic. “I mean, erm, I’ll do the stables-“

I was cut off as my Grandma began to speak, a cold sneer painted delicately on her lips. “Rayne, ya sure? I mean look at ya, barely got anythin’ on ya. I’m sure Seth’ll help ya out, wun’t ya Seth?” Her usually sweet sounding country drawl was icy and rather sceptical about my abilities, but what was worse was who she had asked to help. Seth, A.K.A, the King-of-Assholes.

A snort of disbelief escaped from my lips before I could hold it back, to which I received arctic glares in return. I nodded in dumb consent before glowering in the direction a smirking Seth. Jerk.

Lunch had finished rather too quickly for my liking and my Grandma cleared up the plates, which usually I had to do because I was ‘the young woman of the house’.

Wiping clammy hands on the front of my shorts I walked to the stables, Seth close behind not making a move to match my fast pace.

Once we had finally got to the stables, which wasn’t as close to the ranch house as I had expected, Seth pushed open the heavy barn doors. Now, generally that could be described as a kind of gentlemanly gesture, except it wasn’t. At all. More like, move, bitch get out the way, get out the way, bitch, get out the way. Fuckwad.

Flurries of dry straw rose into the air, accompanied shortly by pockets of dust and bright rectangles of afternoon sunshine. I stepped forward first, grateful that I was wearing my good old wellington boots seen as the floor was covered in old hay, the air encompassed in an unpleasant, sour smell.

The footsteps of Seth followed soon, no one had spoken yet, and I was hoping it was going to stay that way. Wrinkling my nose at the smell I grabbed a pitch fork and began to clear the ground of decaying hay while Seth lead one of the horses out of the horse box so he could start clearing it out of excrements.

We worked in silence, no words transported through the warm evening air. Seth had finished his sixth horse box, and I had just finished laying out new hay and bringing some of the horses. I looked at the seventh horse box that stood neglected at one corner. A small smile crept at the corners of my lips, tugging them upwards, I’ll handle this one.

I picked up a near by manure fork and shovel, taking them to the last box before setting to work. Footsteps sounded behind me before entering into the small space. I pithily turned around and caught a glimpse of Seth standing in the wide door way, his shirt stripped off, leaving him clad only in a pair of jeans. I quickly turned around, feeling my cheeks burn a deep scarlet, dammnit brain, control yourself.

Pretending that I didn’t know he was there I continued working. Beads of perspiration hung off my forehead, in consistent need of quick swipes from my hands. I was nearly done.

I came upon the last piece of horse crap, it was old and deeply embedded within the ground. Great, just great. Letting out a small groan I struck the shovel hard into the ground but it just wouldn’t budge. Damn it.

Suddenly I could feel hot breath fanning across my neck, prior to two strong arms wrapping themselves around the handle of the shovel from behind me. My heart beats resounded loudly in my ear drums, pounding rhythmically to my shallow quick breaths, as I felt his hard, naked torso press against the thin material of my t-shirt. Well, this escalated quickly.

I tried to concentrate on the horse shit that still wouldn’t budge but that was last thing on my mind right now. Without warning I felt his lips brush over the shell of my ear sending shivers skipping up and down my spine. My hands loosened their hold on the shovel’s handle, leaving it to clatter to the floor, as his hands travelled up and down my arms. Okay, okay. I closed my eyes, trying to remember why I shouldn't like this so much, right, right because he's an ass...

A soft moan slipped through my parted lips and I felt him smile against my skin before he slowly started sucking on the soft skin just below my ear. A low rumble from the base of his throat and I almost collapsed in a fit, hormones riddling through my functioning brain like cancer.

Abruptly he turned me around, quickly placing his warm, flushed lips on mine. He quickly pulled away and smirked.

A small laugh escaped his lips before he turned around. “Enjoy the show, boys?” Instantly, rowdy, jeering laughter flowed from the back corner of the barn, from which seven ranch hands stepped forward, some laughing so hard tears had sprung into their eyes.

What the actual fuck? Red flames of fury licked at my cheeks, darkening them to a deep scarlet. Without thinking twice I swung back and punched Seth across the face. Hard.