Chapter 7: Planning Revenge

COOKIES: I can't belive I haven't used that one before, cookies are epicentre of life, anyone who disagrees doesn't get a cookie!! XD Please COMMENT and vote if you likey this bookey, don't like it or you think blue hippos are awesome animals! XD

Chapter 7:

I must have misheard, there was absolutely no way that the King-of-Assholes was apologizing. My confused expression must have indicated my disbelief so he continued softly, his voice almost a whisper. “I’m sorry about all my shit. Don’t get me wrong it was fun, you're great to rile up." He smirked at this while I scowled. “You’re a city bitch after all but…” Yes but, go on. “I want to apologize, I’m so sory I didn’t know you were mentally retarded, if I knew I would’ve-“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa hold your horses. I am not mentally retarded, you egotistical maniac!” I can’t believe he thought I was mentally retarded because I had rejected him.

Indignation roiled up in large plumes, my cheeks turning a deep red while I ferociously glared at a very stupid, annoyingly sexy, one hell of an asshole!

His eyes widened as he back-tracked on his poorly thought out joke. “Yeah I know, I know, chill. But God  it’s just so much fun to see you all angry. You know," he leaned forward, tucking his hands under his chin. "Has anyone ever you told how hot you look when you’re angry?” I ground my teeth, frustration billowing behind exhaustion and the feeling that I had been abandoned by my parents, parents who up till now didn't care for me much anyway. Was it me? Did I inspire people to treat me  like shit?

A small sigh leapt from my lips as I sunk my head in my hands to somehow try and stop the bitter pangs that suggested the start of a very painful headache. The sound of someone chuckling brought my head back up, eyes already laser-focused into a glare.

“Why are you actually  here? Right now I’m sore to the bone from all the walking I had to do, tired of listening to your crap, sick of being kicked out of my house because my parents to need to ‘sort something out’, annoyed that you guys won’t even give me a chance and suffocating because I’m locked in my room, possibly for all eternity, for something I did not do!” My Grandma wasn't the only one with a flare for drama. My breathing came out in short rasps, my voice was cracking and my chest was heaving. I realised with a sort of slow shock that I was about to cry.

Tears began to pool at  the corners of my eyes and I sniffed again, titling my up head at the ceiling. When I felt my stubborness had won over my self-pity party I looked back at Seth and watched him study at me in fascination as if he was seeing me for the first time, the smirk that had began to form on his lips slipped away, in its place sat a grim smile, a shadow of a dimple denting his right cheek.

“I'm sorry." Sincerity pushed through his arrogant facade. "You don't deserve this, to be here, caught in this clusterfuck of shit, everyone is kind of high on tensions under all that false cocky cheer. The ranch has hit bad times, but your Grandma's stubborn, she taking it out on you. We're all taking it out on you." He took a deep breath as if steadying himself. "But I've got your back."

“What?” My voice was hoarse and rather croaky. But I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the only thing wrong with me, I’m darn sure my hearing's also impaired.

“I want to help you. I’m starting to realise that perhaps I’ve pinned you wrong.” I  gave him a look that clearly said ‘you think?’ which he ignored. "No one actually believes you were trying to steal the horse. You're Grandma is..." He trailed off, his lips moving over silently syllables as he tried to explain himself.