Chapter 30: Alive

Note for meeeeeeeeeeee: *grins* sooo, *clears throat* long time no writey wriety story eh? *yanks at collar* Geez not even a smile... *coughs* PLEASE VOTE (if you reawy likey it), COMMENT, (threatens to burn cookies if you don't XD), AND FAN, (well that's up to you! *grins*).

Pee.S: I'm sorry it's so short... *laughs nervously*

Recap:

Cussing under my breath I climbed up to the window, not daring to look back, knowing that if I did I’d probably loose my balance and fall face first into the alley in front of me.

 My feet stably met solid ground moments after I had jumped down. It was too dark to see anything but I could just discern the shadow of a tall phantom like figure. And just as it had appeared it disappeared again.

 A chill broke across my skin, spreading goose bumps like an icy wild fire over my body. Sheesh, paranoid much, Rayne?

 Putting the shadow down to paranoia I started to carefully feel my way to the mouth of the alley.

 “Rayne.”

 Suddenly my back was flat against something solid, something hard. Long, lithe arms wound their way across my neck, cutting off my airways while another clamped around my mouth.

 Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

 My heart sped up, sweat making my skin slick and clammy. I squirmed, trying desperately to break free, wildly thrashing around as my heartbeats began to thrum  to an obnoxious crescendo, the air in my lungs running out fast.

 Black spots clouded my vision and I fought to keep my eyes open…

 Fuck, not now, not now!

 “Good girl…”

Chapter 30:

There wasn’t much to see really. It was dark. Either that or I was blind, perhaps both, but there was no telling which. The only evidence that I was even alive was the rough scrape of uneven, gravelly concrete against my elbows. I was lying flat on my back, my head resting against a cylindrical metal being.

Thoughts buzzed through my pounding head, my lungs sore and heaving as they tried to suck in what little air they could find. A rank, pungent odour slinked through the air maliciously, sharp with the smell of decay.

 My disjointed nerves finally managed to form a coherent message: get up. Obviously it was much more easier thought than done. Rogue bolts of pain rampaged through my arms and legs, add that to my pounding head and you get a rather sore and pissed off Rayne, trying- and failing miserably- to get off her butt. Yay…

 I blinked a few times, the bright glare of a skinny lamppost directly facing the alley cutting sharply through my bleary vision. After a few more unsuccessful attempts I’d finally managed to stand up, mostly by leaning heavily on one of the rust coloured brick walls positioned on either side of me. Bits and pieces of the claret stone crumbled through my fingers as I pressed my hand, palm flat against it, the cold stone flaring into a slight cool burn through my fingertips.