Chapter 14

Brianna's POV

My heart immediately started beating . I should've known she would come because I told her Taylor was coming over . No girlfriend would just allow you to chill with ex . That shit is just impossible .

I got up & put my joggers back on . & Taylor put her shirt on & sat on the bed . Surprisingly Liyah just stood there looking at me . I guess she was in shock or she was just over it , over me . I walked up to her & pulled her to the living room & on the couch & she still said nothing . I sat there starring at her for about 5 minutes she just looked at the ground & finally she put her hand on my thigh & finally started talking .

"You know Brianna I kind of knew this was gonna happen from the minute you texted me . Miranda & Rosie use to tell me how much you guys adored each other & always were happy . Rosie said she never seen you that happy . So I guess I expected this . I guess I knew this was going to happen . I just didn't want it to . I guess me cheating didn't help . But I thought once I left the hospital things would be alright but I was wrong . Believe me Brianna I'm not mad . Which don't get me wrong this isn't right cause I'm high key upset ." She paused to laugh . She taught me that word . At first I thought it was stupid . "But I hope you & Taylor last from what I heard you guys were a great match . But if she ever try you on some fuck shit you know I got you ."

At this point I was crying . I'm talking bawling my eyes out . Like a bitch . Her words . Just hit something in me . I didn't wanna say nothing but I had to . I didn't want to leave her hanging . "Liyah , thank you for understanding . Thank you for everything you have done . I wanted to let you know Miranda did it . & I will get her for you . I promise ." She starred at me . She looked hurt I can tell she was . "Bri , don't do that . Miranda ain't worth it . I knew she did it . Talk to her . You guys were so close . I be seeing her & your brother out & they look like they love each other . By the looks of it she could be part of the family soon ." I was so confused . "Nah , Junior dumped her remember ?" Now she looked at me confused . "I seen them at the mall the other day all booed up . But that's besides the point . She's not worth it . Talk to your brother & her . Do it . For me at least ." I nodded . I had nothing because ........ She was right . As much as I wanted to hate Miranda she was my best friend at one point .

"I guess I'll see you when I see you huh ?" Liyah stood up from the couch slowly walking to the door . I smiled . "I miss you already LeiLei." She kept walking to the door . "of course you do Bri . of course you do ." She winked & left . I can't lie it broke my heart seeing her go .

I went back upstairs & Taylor was in my closet looking at all the old teddy bears & letters we gave each other . I tried to be quiet but I guess I wasn't quiet enough because she started talking .

"How's Liyah , Sneaky ?" She was always so quick to give me a new nickname.

"She's good she's not mad." I sat on the floor next Taylor in front of all the stuff we gave each other .

"Sneaky , can you believe it's been over a year since I met you ? It feels like yesterday I was at McDonalds with my homeboys . When you came walking in." I smiled as I thought about it . That was before Taylor had dreads & when she only had one tattoo , her mom's name .

"Yeah , you tried so hard to get my number that day ." She laughed . "Of course sneaky . I had to . You looked so damn beautiful." She picked up one the cards she gave me on my birthday the year before . It was plain, a hallmark card . She really liked that card because on the front it said 'Turn up don't turn down' because that was the only she could find that wasn't so "proper" she's so lame . But it made me laugh at the time .

"This one will forever be the funniest one to me , Sneaky ." She said laughing . I stared at her . Tears formed in her eyes . Of course she didn't let them fall . I never seen her cry . "Why do you do that Tay?" She said as she was hugging one of the life size teddy bears . "You mean hug teddy bears ? Because they're are soft Sneaky , why else ?" She's so stupid . But I still laughed . "No , why don't you cry around me ?" She looked at me & put the bear down , she sighed . I could tell she didn't wanna talk . "Because I can't show you I'm weak . I'm suppose to be the strong one , the one you come to . So if I appear to be weak then you gonna think imma pussy or some shit . & we all know I'm not that." She laughed as she got off the floor & helped me up . "Now it's about 1:00 & imma need you call Miranda & invite her to lunch . The quicker you talk to her . The quicker this shit can be over . I gotta go watch my little brother anyways so imma see you later Sneaky . No fighting or yelling . Or I'm on your ass . Bye , I love you ." I couldn't say nothing to protest . Cause honestly I wanted the beef to be over too . "I love you too Tay . & tell yo little brother , Dashawn I miss him ." She nodded & left .

I picked up my phone & dialed Miranda's number . Unfortunately , I still knew her number by heart . She took a while to pick up . I could tell she thinking about letting it go to voicemail . I knew how her mind was set up . "Hello , who is this ?" I rolled my eyes because even if she deleted my number I know she knew my number by heart but I guess we were playing the 'I don't know who tf this is' game . She wants to be petty , lets me petty then . "Hey , is this Miranda?" She sighed , I had to hold in my laugh . "Brianna I know it's you ." Of course she did the fuck . "So what the fuck was the point of saying that shit. Fucking pointless." I chuckled . "I was just ---" I cut her off . "Anyways , meet me at Chili's at 2:30 okay ? & don't tell no one . bye ." I hung up the phone . I didn't have time for her to make up an excuse or ask me questions . Knowing how 'nice' Miranda is she wouldn't leave me alone at Chili's she had to come . & if she didn't I would just go to her house . There was no escaping me . Then I thought about what I just did . I'm having lunch with Miranda . Lord help me .