17| Attack

As we stepped back into the dropship, Raven's pained screams bounced around the air. Clarke was in the middle of pressing a heated orange blade to Raven's side, which was pushing against the wound and boiling her skin. It looked very painful.

"That should stop the internal bleeding," Clarke said as she eventually set the knife down on the table.

"How did Murphy get a gun?" Finn snapped, turning to Bellamy and I as if we were to blame.

Bellamy glanced at me briefly and then sighed. "Long story."

"We got lucky," Raven spoke up, grimacing. "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" Clarke questioned, an idea seeming to spark in her mind. "Enough to build a bomb?"

Raven nodded. "Enough to build a hundred bombs." My eyes widened as I realised what Clarke was probably thinking. This changed everything. This could give us the upper hand. "If we had any gun powder left."

Or not.

I happened to glance back at Bellamy, who was looking down at something in Lincoln's book. He then lifted his head up, eyes glancing over all of us. "Let's get back to the reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

Clarke and Finn shared a look before Clarke answered, shaking her head. "Not this enemy. We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option."

"There's no time for this," Finn cut in urgently. "Can she walk or not?"

"No," Clarke shook her head firmly. "We have to carry her."

Raven tried to sit up but a pained look crossed her face. "Like hell you will. I'm good to go." She said as she tried to get up again, wincing at the pain.

"Listen to me," Clarke started sternly. "That bullet is still inside you. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?"

Raven reluctantly nodded before laying back down on the blanket, defeated. "I'll get the stretcher," Finn stated.

"Can't run away fast enough, huh?" Bellamy said bitterly. "Real brave."

Finn turned around, walking back over. "Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy. It's stupid."

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight," Bellamy replied, his voice raising as he took a step towards Finn.

"All right, that's enough," Clarke interjected. "It's time to go."

"If they follow, it's a 120-mile walk to the ocean," Bellamy pointed out.

"Look, we're wasting time," Finn snapped. "If he wants to stay, he can stay."

"No, he can't," I cut in just as Finn stormed out of the dropship. He didn't turn back around so I addressed Clarke instead. "If we go, we're not leaving anybody behind." I turned to Bellamy, lowering my voice as I stepped closer towards him. "I don't think this is the right option but we can't do this without you."

"What do you want me to say, Billie?"

I looked back at Clarke and sighed exasperatedly, but she merely nodded at me like she wanted me to continue. I turned back to Bellamy, my eyes pleading with his. "I want you to say that you'll go with us. Those kids out there, they listen to you."

"They're lining up to go," He countered. "They listen to Clarke more."

"I gave them an easy choice," Clarke spoke up. "But five minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you."