08| Radio

"Hey," I smiled, nudging Octavia as I looked up at the dark black sky. There was a bright light streaming across and it looked absolutely beautiful. "It looks like a shooting star."

Octavia lifted her head up but I noticed her eyes widen in alarm. "That's not a shooting star."

"What?"

Octavia got to her feet and I immediately jumped up after her, following her to the outside of Bellamy's tent.

"Bellamy, get up! Bellamy get out here!" Octavia yelled.

I stood beside her, staring up at the sky where a single pod was speeding down to earth. There was an orange and yellow glow around it from the speed it was descending through the atmosphere. It definitely was not a shooting star.

"There!" I heard Octavia exclaim as she pointed at the sky. Bellamy walked over, as did a whole other group of people.

"They're coming to help us!" Someone proclaimed excitedly. "Now we can kick some grounder ass!"

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo," A random girl muttered, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

After the excitement, Octavia and I began to calm everyone down whilst Bellamy took refuge in his tent.
Finn and Clarke were nowhere in sight.  Part of me knew they were okay - especially if they were together. It didn't stop me from being worried though. So whilst Octavia went to speak to Bellamy, I sat and kept a look out for Clarke and Finn. I don't know how long I waited but after a while, I was restless and wanted to know what was actually going on. As I stood up, I spotted Bellamy leaving his tent again so quickly jogged to catch up with him.

"Bellamy!" I yelled. He must have heard me but he didn't both to turn around, which only irritated me further. "Hey!" I reached him, causing him to sigh.

"What do you want?" He asked with an exasperated tone.

"Where are you going?" He didn't answer and I knew what that meant. "You're going to find the pod, aren't you?"

He groaned, running his hand through his dark and already messy hair. "Why do you always have to get in people's business?" He snapped, lowering his voice.

"Don't be a dick, Bellamy," I rolled my eyes. "Are you going to the pod? I thought you said-"

"I know what I said."

I frowned, confusion setting over me. Why was Bellamy so eager to get there? Every sign that there was to help us make contact with the Ark, he was always against it. It was like he'd been hiding something for a long time that I just couldn't figure it out.

Why wouldn't he want the Ark down here? Unless he did something back then.

"You did something," I spoke up. "On the ark. Didn't you?"

"Just go back to camp, Billie," He started to turn around but I stood my ground.

"No. Tell me what you did."

"I didn't do anything," He said firmly.

"Then why are you so hell-bent on getting to that pod before everyone else?" I countered.

"Bellamy!" The two of us looked over to see Octavia running through the trees towards us. "Billie?" She came to a stop, trying to catch her breath. "What are you doing?"

"Go back to camp," Bellamy ordered. "It isn't safe."

"You lied to everyone," She said, her lip curling in disgust. "You lied to me. You just want whatever's in that pod."