14| Weaponized

I groaned as I opened my eyes. My vision was slightly blurred and there was a sharp pain twisting in my head, like little knives stabbing at my brain. It wasn't the worst I'd ever felt but it was painful.

I definitely drank too much last night.

I sat up and slowly pushed away the blankets but a head suddenly popped into the tent, freaking me out. "Clarke!" I hissed, blood pounding intensely in my ears from the scare she'd given me. "What's wrong?"

"Is Bellamy in here?" She asked, craning her head further inside as her eyes glanced around my tent.

"No?" I frowned, unsure as to why she was asking me that. "Why?"

"Just wondering. Okay, follow me." She whispered. I sighed and lifted the flap of the tent up, crawling underneath. I was surprised to find that it was still dark outside. Obviously, I hadn't been sleeping long.

Finn was waiting outside and he sighed in relief when he saw us both approaching. "What's so important that you had to disturb me from my sleep?" I asked, looking between their two anxious faces. They both shared a look before Clarke answered.

"Finn wants to make an alliance with the grounders."

I almost choked, shocked at his idea. It would never happen. The grounders would never make an alliance with us. "Are you serious? No way."

"If we can get them on side-" Finn started.

"And how the hell are we gonna do that?" I asked, shaking my head in disbelief. "All they've done since we got here is attack us. I don't think they're ones for talking!"

"It's worth a shot," He defended.

"A shot in the dark!" I exclaimed, wincing as another wave of pain hit me. I rubbed my hand along my forehead, closing my eyes shut and taking a deep breath.

"Look, you remember the Grounder we captured. Lincoln." Finn prompted. His eyes had a pleading look to them and it seemed like he was not only trying to convince me, but Clarke too. "He said he wanted the leaders to come. Obviously, Bellamy wouldn't be up for the idea so he asked for Clarke."

"So where do I come in?"

"He mentioned you too and because of that, we thought it would be best that you came with us."

"Plus, you're really great at saying the right thing at the right time," Clarke added.

"What does that even mean?" I asked, pressing my hand against my head again as I tried to process everything.

"You're great at trying to keep the peace," Finn said. "So are you in?"

Meeting with the grounders would likely go downhill. There was a high possibility it would end in a fight. And it would be a risk pissing them off any more than we already have. But, on the other hand, meeting with them could also possibly erase the tension. We couldn't just sit around waiting for something to happen- that would get us killed. To survive, we had to do something.

I looked between the two of them, my gaze finally settling upon Clarke. "Fine. I'm in."

~

"I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider it might be a trap?" I asked Finn as we trekked through the forest. We'd been walking for ages and my legs felt heavy from all the exercise.

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead." He stepped down suddenly and let out a small grunt of pain.

"Hey. Let me have a look at that," Clarke said, probably referring to his stab wound from the other day. Finn stopped in his tracks and unzipped his jacket, slowly lifting his shirt to show the wound on his skin. It was clotted with blood and the skin surrounding it was purple and bruised. It still looked incredibly painful.