02| Radioactive

"We got problems." I looked up upon hearing Wells' voice. "The communications system is dead. I went to the roof, a dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires."

"Oh, look who it is." I mumbled, turning back to look at the map.

"We have more important things to worry about right now. Okay?" Clarke whispered, giving me one of her stern looks. "All that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather." She told Wells. "See? Look. This is us-" she pointed to a red circle on the map. Then she used a ruler to trace over the straight line. "This is where we need to get to if we want to survive."

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Wells questioned, clearly impressed. Clarke didn't respond, just closed her eyes shut. Wells nodded, obviously understanding. "Your father."

"Ah, cool, a map." I turned around, noticing a tall, lanky kid with goggles pushed over his messy brown hair. "They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you ladies a beer."

I cracked a small smile, taking an immediate liking to the nerdy boy's personality. However, Wells turned around and grabbed his arm, pushing him backwards. "You mind?"

"Whoa-" Goggle boy started to say.

"Hey, hey, hey, hands off of him." A group of guys came up behind a mousy haired boy with quite a long nose. "He's with us."

"Relax." Wells held up his hands in defence. "We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Bellamy Blake said sarcastically. The two Blake siblings were stood nearby.

"We need to find Mount Weather." Wells said as he started to walk over to Bellamy. Clarke and I followed. "You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority."

"Screw your father." Octavia snapped. "What? You think you're in charge here-" she cocked her head to the side. "You and your little Princesses?"

"Do you think we care who's in charge?" Clarke asked. "We need to get to Mount Weather. Not because the Chancellor said so but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get. And the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

"I got a better idea." Bellamy snapped coldly. "You three go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

There were a chorus of 'yeah's from the crowd.

I shook my head. "You're not listening. We all need to go. Three people can't bring back that many supplies."

Wells nodded. "She's right."

Suddenly, the mousy-haired guy shoved him forwards, his lips curled into a cruel smile. "Look at this, everybody. The Chancellor of Earth."

"Think that's funny?" Wells challenged.

The guy pushed Wells to the floor and I heard a crunch.

"Wells!" Clarke exclaimed.

Wells' face hardened as he started to stand up

"No, but that was." Long nose boy smirked. "What you gonna do now, Wells? Come on. Come on." He was obviously enjoying making fun of him.

Not a second later, Finn jumped down from the dropship and stood in between the two of them.

"Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?"

Long nose seemed to retreat and the fight ended.