16| Crossfire

Slowly, my eyelids fluttered open, making me aware of a figure beside me. My vision was blurry for a moment, causing the person to look fuzzy, until I blinked rapidly and it cleared.

"Hey," Bellamy's larger hand let go of mine and he reached over to get some water. He passed the cup to me. "You okay?"

"What are you doing in here?" I groaned, taking the cup into my shaking hands.

"Looking after you."

I took a sip of my water, trying not to spill it down me. "I'm fine." All of a sudden, the air in my throat started to feel restricted and I began to cough.

"You sure?"

"I'm fine," I insisted. I felt my own eyes widen as I remembered the plan to bomb the bridge. "Did the bomb- did I work?"

"Yeah," Bellamy said with a gentle nod. "They did it."

I sighed in relief, feeling my whole body relax. "The grounders? Are they coming?"

"You don't need to worry about that."

I started to lay back down but hesitated. "Where's Clarke?"

"Hunting with Finn," Bellamy replied nonchalantly. He then placed his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature. "You should get some more rest."

I nodded, not needing to be told twice. My eyelids still felt heavy, despite probably having slept for hours, and my head was swimming. Not to mention that my whole body practically screamed to be rested. I shifted into a more comfortable position, closing my eyes and letting sleep take me away.

~

When I woke up again, I felt a lot better. The dizziness hadn't fully subsided but I was okay. My limbs still felt heavy and weak but it was nothing I couldn't deal with.

Jasper had come to check on me and helped me out of bed, filling me in on what was happening in camp. Quite frankly, I wished I'd stayed asleep.

Clarke, Monty and Finn were missing. That sentence wouldn't have alarmed me so much if it hadn't been so long since they'd been gone. I knew they could all defend themselves and they would look out for each other, but it couldn't help me worrying.

When we headed down to the ground level of the dropship, Bellamy was stood alone, leaning over a table, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He noticed our presence and turned around with a sigh. "Billie, you should be resting."

"I think we have more important things to discuss."

He sighed again, standing up completely and looking between Jasper and I. "Don't you think I want to go after them, too?"

"If it was you out there you think Monty, Clarke, or Finn would hide behind these walls?" Jasper asked.

"No. They'd go after me. Then they'd be dead, too," He said. I went to open my mouth to protest but he cut me off. "I am only doing what I think is right for the group."

I crossed my arms, tilting my head to the side. "It's funny you didn't think that way when Octavia went missing."

Jasper shook his head, already starting to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Bellamy asked.

"More gunpowder for your minefield sir," He said sarcastically, saluting him before climbing up the ladder to the next floor.

Bellamy turned to face me but I altered my gaze. I was completely angered by the fact that Clarke, Finn and Monty seemed to mean absolutely nothing to him now. I understood where he was coming from but I just couldn't help thinking back to all those times Octavia was in trouble. Those three risked their lives for her, and to help Bellamy, and he didn't seem to want repay that.