Chapter 45: Recollection

Troye POV

My brain felt like shattered glass. Nothing was coherent, everything a jumble of colours, words, images and voices. Each time I picked the glass up, it would cut me and I would drop it. I made no progress whatsoever, and the glass continued to lay on the floor in a heap.

Then the ground cracked, and I was falling. Falling through blue seas and crimson skies. Clouds of green and leaves of yellow.

I landed in a room. A room void of anything. The colour on the walls was a question. I couldn't tell if they were black, red, blue or neither of those.

Very faintly, whispers began to fill the room. Words like smoke, hazy and empty, clumping together to form one huge cloud.

Sometimes it would go quiet, and the room cleared. I was left to my own thoughts. I don't even remember what I had thought of.

A clock started to tick. Loud and quiet. Quick and paced. It echoed and slowly began to drag out, rising in pitch. It was familiar.

I could feel the weight on my eyelids lift, and I had enough strength to lift them.

The room I was in was a blinding white. A thin fabric was wrapped around me. The glare slowly depleted and I could make out the IV drip next to me, a heart monitor behind it, the cause of the noise.

I laid there, staring at the ceiling. I realised I was in a hospital, my body was aching and I had been in an accident.

But what kind of accident? Was anyone else involved? Are they ok?

My mind blanked.

The windows to my left let in a hazy glow of warm amber. The blinds made the light stripe across my bed sheets.

As I tried to recall my memories, emotions spiked my mind. Dread, terror, realisation, regret. They didn't help, only making me feel even more horrible then i already was.

There was a tree outside. Twisted and rough, it's bark made labyrinths and patterns. I got an urge to draw.

Those whispers that I heard in my dream started up again, this time real and outside my very door. The words were blurred.

With a click, the door opened and widened, revealing two girls and a guy. They walked in and it was the girl with big blue eyes and brown hair that noticed me staring.

"Troye! Your awake!" She borderline sqealed.

"Heh, yeah" I muttered.

"How are you? Are you feeling alright? It doesn't hurt to bad, does it?" The other girl, blonde hair and similar blue eyes, questioned.

"No, I'm fine, I'm good."

"Geez, you took your time. Glad your awake though. We've all missed you." The boy, blonde hair, said.

I smiled weakly. The familiar feeling of regret started to bubble in my stomach, and thoughts started to pop in my head.

"Um, this might sound weird but, ah..." I hesitated second guessing. They were all staring at me, intently listening to every word I spoke.

"It's fine" the first girl said.

"Uhm, okay, uh... just wondering, but... who are you again? I mean you must be my friends right?" I stumbled, looking everywhere but at them. "Right?"

They had down fallen looks, and the regret I was feeling bubbled and boiled even more. I knew I shouldn't have asked it. The feeling of not being remembered by someone you share a past with must be horrible.

"Ah, I guess you don't remember us. I mean you had been in a car crash," it was a car crash then, "but yes, we're your friends. I'm Zoe, this is Louise and Caspar."

The names did feel familiar, as well as there faces. But I couldn't remember seeing them in my memories. I wanted to rip my hair out.

"Ah okay, thanks. Sorry." I stared at my lap, fingers twisting together.

"Don't worry, it's to be expected. You'll get them soon enough" Zoe comforted, and the other two agreed along with her.

It was by then I noticed how red their eyes were, cheeks painfully crimson.

"We better go, it's getting late. I'll call a nurse for you, to let them know your awake" Louise explained.

I nodded, mumbling another sorry.

Before they left, I remembered what I want to ask.

"Ah, was there anyone else involved? Are they okay?" I pleaded.

"Don't worry, they're fine." Zoe calmed, a smile cracking her face.

I sighed, and they left with a last goodbye. I laid back down, closing my eyes to the bland ceiling. The darkness felt more comforting.

I heard the door creak open. I opened an eye, to see a nurse come in.

"Ah, you're awake how you feeling?" She asked sweetly. It was one of those fake, reassuring smiles.

Funny. It reminded me of Zoe's last smile.

A/N
Troye is more amazing and angelic live.
I saw him live with L3ttuc3 and gyahhh.

Plus, I might start a phanfic after this. Punk/pastel au, because their my faaavourite.

Hopefully I can finish this before/on Feb 14th so I can say it took me a year. Hehe, I started this on Valentines when I was alone. I'll (hopefully) finish it by valentines when I'm (still) alone. I don't need no man :P

Anyway blah blah. Hope your enjoying winter/summer. I love winter. But we've had a few summer storms here which was pretty cool.

Okayy, imma go!

BYE!!
Jam.