Chapter 12: Iced Coffee

Tyler's P.O.V.

I was the first to leave the classroom the day after the English assignment was revealed.

I opened the exits and scanned the school grounds, looking for him.

I finally spotted him, standing near the gates.

"Troye" I said as I got closer to him. He ignored me.

I was a metre away from him, finally realizing that he was daydreaming. 

Careful to not be too close, I snapped my fingers in front of his face, calling his name.

Troye looked at me with wide eyes, before his face softened and returned to his usual empty face.

"Hi. So where are we working this book on?" I asked, hoping he hadn't decided to be mute.

"Go to Starbucks?" He said. His voice was flat, no character in it, but I was happy he spoke.

"Sure" I said and began walking to the closest Starbucks, Troye walking just behind me.

The walk was silent. The only noise was the students on the other side of the street and cars that zoomed past. Troye eyes glanced around every time a car passed us, worried.

"You okay Troye?" I asked.

His eyes instantly focused on the cafe building that had appeared, giving a curt nod.

He must have anxiety with him acting like that.

We arrived at Starbucks and got up to order.

(I know nothing about Starbucks, so I'm gonna add ingredients that I'm not sure they have)

I ordered first, getting iced coffee with melted chocolate, while Troye got the same except with Nutella.

"Nutella?" I questioned.

"Can't function without it" he replied.

I giggled lightly, and sat at a table. Troye sat across from me.

"Okay, before we begin the story, we gotta know each other first. We're going to be working together for the next 7 weeks, might as well get along." Troye tensed up slightly at my words. He gripped his drink tighter than necessary.

"First question. Favourite colour?"

He looked shocked at my choice.

"Blue."

"Favourite food?"

"Nutella" he answered straight away.

We continued like that,  me asking questions that didn't get too personal, mainly like/dislike questions. He only gave one word answers, but I didn't mind.

I wondered why he didn't talk much to people. He had a wonderful voice, an accent noticeable in his articulation. I then wondered why he was talking to me, knowing what happened the first time we met.

We talked for an hour and a half.

I looked at the sunset, squinting in the amber rays that streamed through the window.

Troye followed my gaze, his eyes snapping back to his watch.

He abruptly got up,  his reaction shocking me.

"I-I have to go. You do the first chapter" he stuttered. His voice no longer monotone but shrill and fearful.

"O-okay" I called to his retreating figure. He glanced back at me, his eyes filled with something, before exiting the cafe and walking away.

I got up and finished my drink, putting it in the bin. I exited Starbucks.

When I looked down the street,  Troye was already gone.

A/N Hello! How are you guys enjoying the chapter??

I might update another chapter tonight... no promises just saying....

Did you see Tyler's live stream with Mamrie? ?? Hilarious.

Tyler could definitely be a girl.

I got nothing else so imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.