Welcome Back

I opened the door with my good arm. Sunlight poured into the room and burned through my eyes before I saw who stood in the doorway.
"I followed you from the park", he said.
"Great. Not only do you stalk children, now you stalk FBI agents", I said rolling my eyes.
"Another person went missing. The teenager you spoke with yesterday. And I know you're not FBI."
"I thought it only took children", I said confused.
"It took him because it couldn't take you."
"Alright. I'm going. Okay? I'm going to take care of it and get every child, teen, anyone, everyone back."
"I hope so", he said.
"Do you have a place you can go?"
"Yeah. I'm leaving. I just had to tell you what happened."
Then, he left. What a creep. I packed what I needed and got dressed, which was incredibly hard for someone with a broken arm.
Back to the woods. I had the duffle bag on my good shoulder as I walked.
I found a piece of paper on the ground. "Turn back", was written on it in what looked like blood. The tulpa feeds off fear. So don't be afraid and don't turn back.
I kept walking. Another piece of paper. I picked it up. It had the exact same thing written on it. What the hell. Still, I walked. An hour later, I found another piece of paper with the exact same thing on it. I saw my footprints in the ground.
I'm walking in circles. It's going to keep making me do this until night when it can take me. I took a seat since I clearly wasn't going anywhere. As soon as the sun went down, I started walking.
I came to the clearing with the three trees that stood tall and mighty in the moonlight. It was cold. I could feel it near. I wish I could say I wasn't scared.
I threw gasoline over the three trees. I reached for the lighter in my pocket. Before I could set the place on fire, a branch came from the woods and threw me to the ground. I landed on my arm and let out a scream of pain.
"You're.not.real."
"Come", it whispered. I dove for the lighter.
The whispering seemed to get louder. "Come"
I grabbed the lighter. The whispering changed into screaming and I could feel its breath on my neck. "Come."
I threw the fire onto the gas and watched the trees go up in flames. For a second, I could see the witches burning on the trees. The creature went in flames also.
The smoke was beginning to get to me. I had to find the children. Kids came stumbling out of the trees. My arm was healed. I ripped the cast off and threw it down. The children coughed and ran to me. I saw Liam. I saw all of the missing children.
They followed me out of the woods. There were smudges of black on their faces that were visible when I got them out.
"There's a big boy in there", Liam Ross said. How could I forget. The teen.
"All of you. Stay here. Okay? I'll be back. I'm going in for him. You'll be okay if you just stay right here", I said.
"I'll watch them", a voice said. It was the creep.
I ran back into the mess of smoke and flames. I ran back to the center of the forest. I saw a body laying down in the smoke. I went cautiously to him and began to feel light headed. I got on my knees.
"Hey!", I said choking on smoke and shaking him. He didn't move. I threw his shoulder over mine and walked away from the forest. I collapsed before I could get out. Him falling next to me was the last thing I saw before passing out.
I woke up in a house. I saw someone sitting next to me. I sat up and they pushed back down.
"You need to rest."
The figure moved into the light. It was the man from the park.
"Did the kids go home? Is everyone alright?"
"Yes. The parents are all very grateful", he said handing me a glass of water.
"Do you know why I stalked that playground?"
"Fetish?", I joked.
"My girl was taken by the beast that lived in the forest. You helped get her back. I had to go in after you. You gave me back my life. Now, my baby girl is home. And I had to save your life. I'm not just some creep", he said taking the water from me.
I sat up. "I'm glad it all worked out. It's all over now. I have to go. Don't tell anyone you saw me here. Please. I'm on the run from some people. If they come looking for me, I know it's a lot to ask but cover for me. We never met."
"Listen. I'm guessing you work alone and it's your job to take care of things like whatever took our children. If you ever need a favor, call me. God knows I owe you", he said handing me a piece of paper with his number on it.
"Can you drive me to my hotel?"
"Yep."
I guess he wasn't such a creep after all. I felt sort of bad for him. I lost my parents. Maybe the pain is similar when you lose a child. He wasn't so bad.
"Call me and I'll be there", he said as I got out. "Get out of here, stranger." I smiled and closed the door.
Inside the room, I splashed water on my face. When I walked out of the bathroom three men stood in my room.
"Welcome back", one of the men said to me.
"Who the hell are you?"
"Boss sent us. You're about to find out."