Chapter 35

Zoe's P.O.V.

I sat down on my bed, as I kept the phone to my ear, hearing Jason talk, as I looked down at my hands.

"But I don't want to lie to my mom..." I sighed, I had called him not long ago, because I was really stressed about this while situation with Zac and I just didn't know what to do, and I knew Jason would help.

"I know you don't, but imagine how upset she'll be when she does hear about this... I know this is hard but you gotta let him make his own mistakes, he's old enough to make his own decisions and mistakes" he answered, I guess he was right.

"I guess... But if mom finds out-" he cut me off "If she finds out, you tell her the truth, she'll understand, as for Zac, do you want me to speak to him about this? Maybe he'll see sense when I talk to him" he advised, hearing the sound of a door close downstairs, I knew he was back.

"Yeah... I think he's back" I muttered, hearing the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

"I'll speak to him tomorrow, but don't stress about this baby, everything will be alright" he muttered, I loved how he already knew I was definitely stressed, just by the sound of my voice.

"Okay... But can't you come over now? I wanna see you" I said, even though I saw him not long ago, I just wanted to be in his arms, were I felt so much better.

I heard him let out a sigh "I want to be with you baby, but I have some things to do with the boys," he answered, looking over at the door I thought I heard something but didn't really think too much of it.

"Its okay... I love you Jason" I mumbled, fiddling with the sweatshirt drawstring, "I love you more princess, I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow okay?" He said as I got up from my bed.

"Okay, bye" I answered, after hanging up, I walked over to the door before opening it slowly, Zac fell in to the room, and I realised he was listening to my conversation with Jason this whole time.

"You were eavesdropping?!" I whisper yelled, knowing mom was in here office and if I spoke too loud, she'd hear.

"I just wanted to come speak to you... Did you er, tell Jason?" He asked scratching the back of his head.

"There wasn't much to tell, he already figured it out after seeing the blunt in your hand" I answered, folding my arms.

He sighed rubbing his eyes "Your pathetic" I rolled my eyes before walking away I heard him running after me "Zoe! Wait, you know I'm not that type of person... It was just some fun" He said following me downstairs.

I ignored him, going towards the kitchen, "I'm not like your damn boyfriend!" He yelled, I stopped dead in my tracks, turning around I looked at him in disbelief, he looked at me and his facial expressions changed from angry to sympathetic as he realised what he had said.

"Zoe I didn't mean that I'm sorry" He quickly said, shaking his head.

"You don't even care about me and Jason, you never think to ask me, how is everything going, when I come home from not being home in a while, you barely ever ask me if I'm okay, yet everytime something else happens, you are the first to ask me if I'm okay, so what so different with Jason?" I asked, feeling my eyes begin to water.

"Because I trust him... I know he wouldn't hurt you" He answered approaching me, I stepped back looking away.

"Why do you think so badly off him then? You don't even know him like I do, you listen to what other people say about him, all the rumours, I never thought you were one to judge" I stated, turning to look at him.

"And I'm not, I just said that because... I don't know, I didn't mean it" he replied looking at me like I was some sort of lost cause.

"Yeah well I don't need your sympathy, you've made it clear what you think of him, and to think, he was actually going to talk to you, make you see sense" I spoke, pursuing my lips as he shook his head.

"I'm sorry! How many times do I have to say it" He groaned, he actually thought this was a small thing.

"Yeah well sorry doesn't solve anything, don't bother speaking to me, your pathetic" I muttered before turning around and going in to the kitchen.

I leaned my head on my hands as I rest my elbows on the kitchen counter.

I really wished Jason was here, he'd no how to make me feel so much better, just having him hold me would be better then this. I felt so guilty for some reason, that I was keeping this from my mom who probably had so much to do already, I had to think about her, and maybe Jason talking to Zac could change the way Jason is as well. I mean, I obviously don't want him to change as a person, but I hated when he smoked, especially with me, for one it tasted horrible when he kissed me, and second it was probably killing him day by day, and I didn't even know how many cigarettes he smoked a day, but I really hoped it wasn't a lot. But right now, I wanted Zac to see sense, even though I was horribly mad at him, he deserved it.