Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Relaxation

Sans and I lay in each others arms on my couch watching movies. "I gotta text my bro if I'm staying the night or not." Sans says after we finish one of the movies. "I have work tomorrow. You can if you want, but I'm gonna have to leave early and we won't be able to snuggle as much in the morning. But we can actually go to sleep instead of getting exhausted and falling asleep." I say leaving the decision to Sans. "I don't know, I wanna stay. But I think Papyrus wants me back home." Sans says looking up from his phone. I suddenly remember my new schedule. "Wait, I actually have the night shift now and I'm starting tomorrow. Sorry, I forgot." I say with a small smile spreading on my face. "Well, then I think I will stay because we can snuggle in the morning. I'll go home tomorrow though." Sans says as he lays his head on mine. "Okay. You can tell him that then." I say snuggling into Sans' shoulder. I feel Sans wrap his arms around me and then he pulls out his phone behind my back. Sans texts Papyrus that he is staying the night and we start another movie.

After another movie I look at the time and it's 11:37 PM. I yawn, "we should go to bed soon." I say sleepily. Sans smiles slightly, "okay. I'll take you there my sweet ghost." Sans says as he grabs my hand and stands up off the couch. I giggle, "well thank you my punny skeleton." I say standing up with Sans. Sans leads me to my room still holding my hand and he tucks me into my bed. Sans begins to walk out of my room, "where do you think you're going?" I ask Sans as I sit up in my bed. "To sleep on the couch." Sans says as he stops in the doorway. "It's not comfortable on that. Come here." I say as I open the covers for him to sleep next to me. "Plus, how are we going to snuggle in the morning if we are so far away from each other?" I ask while a grin spreads across Sans' face. Sans walks over and gets into the covers of the bed. I lay down and look in his direction. Sans lays next to me, his face only inches away from mine. "Goodnight Lanty." Sans says as he grabs my hand from under the covers. "Goodnight Sans." I reply as I go closer to him. Sans wraps his other arm around me and comes closer to me. "I hope you know that I love you." Sans whispers as he closes his eyes gently. I smile softly and close my eyes to get lost in this moment. "I love you too." I reply in a whisper. "I'm glad. Even though I don't know if I deserve it." Sans says in a jokey voice. "You do deserve it, but do I deserve you?" I ask Sans. He gives my hand a squeeze. "We deserve each other. Sleep well my darling." Sans whispers calmly to me. "Sleep well." I reply as I slowly drift off to sleep still holding on to Sans' hand.

I wake up and I see Sans looking at me, laying on his side. I sleepily open my eyes and smile at the sight of Sans. "Morning." I say in a tired voice. A small grin crosses Sans' face, "morning." He replies. "How long have you been up?" I ask staring into Sans' eye sockets, which I swear flashed blue for a second. "Not that long. Are you going to keep your promise?" Sans asks. I look at him confused, "what promise?" I ask completely confused on what he meant. "You said we were going to cuddle in the morning. Are we?" Sans asks with a small grin spreading on his face. I smile softly and go into Sans' arms while searching for his hand. "Yes." I reply. Sans puts his arms around me and grabs my hand firmly in his own.

I lie on Sans' shoulder and I calmly lay atop him. "This is nice." Sans says as he slowly starts to stroke my back. I nod and lay relaxed. We lay like this for a few hours and then Sans giggles out of nowhere. "What was that about?" I ask with a chuckle. "Just thinking about how lazy we are." I smile as I think of a pun, "would you say that you're being lazy bones?" I ask as I start to laugh. Sans laughs slightly. "That was great." Sans says. "Thanks. Are we gonna do anything else today lazy bones?" I ask looking up at Sans. "Nope. Just this." Sans says in a serious tone and then laughs. "Well, I have to go to work at 4." I reply looking over at the clock that that reads 1:26 in bright red numbers. "Ugh, then we should probably get up. Huh?" Sans says looking down at me. I nod and slowly get out of Sans' arms, but continue to hold his hand. Sans and I both get up and walk to the living room, still latching on to each others hands. I grab my phone off of the couch and look at what notifications I have. I see a fee texts from Undyne and I tap to see them.

'Hey, Alphys is really sorry about yesterday. I didn't tell her about you and Nabsta. Its my fault.' Reads the first text. I look at the next one
'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to type his name.'
'Hey you wanna hang out? Alphys blames herself for what happened. It would help if you came to the lab.'
I sigh and look at Sans. "Alphys is upset and wants to see me." I say to him. "What's wrong?" Sans asks sounding concerned. "She feels guilty about what happened yesterday. And she has anxiety and needs to see me to help." I say thinking of all the times I hugged Alphys to calm her. "Oh. If she needs you, you can go. I won't keep you from her." Sans says as he rubs his boney thumb over my ghostly hand. I sigh, "sorry. But I need to see her. I'll be at work at 4. I'll see you then." I say letting go of his hand. Sans nods, "see you then." Sans says. "A hug for the road?" I ask opening my arms. Sans nods and we hug for a few seconds then Sans is gone.
How did he disappear? I wonder as I look around my house, but don't find Sans anywhere.