Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Forgiveness

Sans and I hug in my hallway for almost 10 minutes until we release from our embrace. After we release we walk back to the couch for Sans to explain fully what is happening. We sit on the couch while Sans grabs my hand into his. He looks up from the ground and sighs. When he sees my face, that is still stained with tears, he wipes away all of the tears lightly. "So, the first thing you need to know is that there are multiple timelines. Multiple ways our lives could go and the one we see is the one they don't reset. The humans are the ones who can reset timelines, but what they don't realize is that every time there are small changes. Not very important, like how fast a flower blooms or if the human is killed, it can change that too. Understand so far?" Sans asks, I nod and he continues.

"However, I don't know of any other monsters knowing about the separate timelines. These timelines are constantly being changed by the humans and their 'determination'. Their determination is what makes them so powerful, its what makes them so dangerous. It causes them to relive in a different timeline. So that human that Undyne killed the other day, is dead in our timeline, but that human is alive in another timeline." Sans explains. "What is the determination? What else does it do?" I ask curious for the answer. "Well, determination causes humans to be able to reset the timelines. It also causes them to continue living after they were killed. It was like how the human can keep living in a different timeline after being killed. It also makes the humans soul last longer and not turn to dust, it keeps the soul so we can harvest it for King Asgore. Understand?" Sans asks me. I nod, "anything else I should know?" I ask. Sans shrugs, and then a grin spreads across his face. "Well, I've been told that I'm a really good kisser." Sans chuckles.

I roll my eyes, "that's not what I meant." I tell him with a laugh. "I know, I just figured I'd tell you anyway." Sans says with a smile. I smile at Sans and squeeze his hand that's still in mine. Sans lays back on the couch and I follow him laying on his shoulder. I grab the remote to the TV and turn on The Simpsons to watch for fun. After a while of watching the show Sans puts his other hand in my hair and plays with the strands. I close my eyes and relax on Sans' shoulder. I soon drift off to sleep in his arms.

I wake up in the same place where I fell asleep. I slowly open my eyes to see Sans looking back at me. "Hi sleepyhead." He whispers to me. I smile sleepily, "hi." I whisper back. Sans laughs softly, "how was your nap?" He asks me in a hushed voice. "Nice and relaxing. Being with you always is." I respond sweetly, looking into Sans' eye sockets. Sans smiles softly, "that's sweet. Like you." He responds. I stretch and sit up on the couch. "What time is it?" I ask wiping the sleep out of my eye. Sans looks at his phone "about 3." He answers. My eyes widen. "I gotta get to work in an hour. Wait here, I need to get ready." I tell Sans as I walk into my room. "Okay. I'm just gonna watch TV." Sans says as he changes the channel a few times.

I go into my room and get into by work clothes. I then brush my hair and my teeth. I then look at the time, 3:47, almost time to walk over to Grilbys so that I'm nice and early. I go back to the couch and sit next to Sans who wraps his arms around me instantly. I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. "I gotta go soon." I tell Sans with a bit of sadness in my voice. "No. I'll take you." Sans says, I open my eyes to see him grinning widely. "How?" I ask. "I think we both know the answer." Sans says smiling brightly. "Can you teleport with multiple people?" I ask curiously. Sans shrugs, "I've never tested it, but there's only one way to know." Sans winks at me. "You better not make me late." I tease with a laugh. "Don't worry, I'll test it soon. And I'll make us be right outside the place. That okay?" Sans asks with a soft smile. I nod, "sure. Should we test it now?" I ask. "Sure. Let's try." Sans says as we both get off the couch.

Sans grabs my hands in his and looks me in the eyes. "I have a few ways we might be able to do this, the first is holding hands and we teleport, the second is that we hug, and the last is one that I don't know if you'll like." Sans says lightly. "What's the last one?" I ask giving Sans a light squeeze on his hand. "Its the one that will probably work, but I won't force you." Sans pauses, "its fine. What is it?" I ask sweetly. Sans sighs, "that we kiss while we teleport. Now I know that you just ended your relationship and we haven't been hanging out for a while, so if you don't wanna I completely underst-" I cut Sans off by putting my finger over his mouth, "shh. Its fine. But can we test the other two first?" I ask putting my hand back into Sans'. Sans nods, "close your eyes and focus on the outside of Grilbys. Got it?" Sans asks. I nod and close my eyes holding Sans' hands tightly while I think about the outside of Grilbys.

I suddenly open my eyes and see Sans gone. Well that one didn't work. Sans reappears in front of me seconds later. Sans opens his arms for a hug with me and I gladly go in for the embrace. Sans hugs me tight and I close my eyes once again and think of Grilbys. I feel a gust of wind against my face and open my eyes to see the large sign of 'Grilbys' above my head. I release from Sans and realize that we got to our designated place. I look back at Sans with an excited smile spread across my face. "That, my dear, is how you teleport" Sans says with a chuckle.