Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Sans' Power

Sans POV:

Its always hard for me to say goodbye to anyone. Even if it's temporary. I hate goodbyes. I hug Lanty as she opens her arms for me and I can't bring myself to let go, or say goodbye. So I teleport to my room.
Wait.
Why did I do that?
She is going to have so many more questions on how I did that, and why. Sometimes I can be an idiot with this power. I just appear in front of people as a joke, but someone is going to find out and I bet Lanty just did. I can't believe myself right now, why did I do that? Oh well, she was going to find out eventually. I'll have to explain myself later.

Lantys POV:

How did Sans do that? He just... Disappeared. I decide to just go to the lab. I brush my hair and teeth and then head out. I walk past Sans and Papyrus' house and I want to see is Sans is there, but I decide to keep walking.

When I get to the lab the door is open and Alphys is crying on the floor with Undyne comforting her. I walk inside slowly and Undyne sees me and gets up from Alphys. "She is really upset. Can you do that thing you do to calm her?" Undyne asks gesturing to Alphys. I nod and walk over to her. "Hey." I say as I take her into my arms for a hug. Alphys wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. "I'm-im-im so sorry Lanty. I n-n-never meant f-f-for you to cry. I am the w-worst friend anyone could have. I'm so s-s-s-sorry, I didn't mean to make you g-go through that. I'm s-so sorry Lanty." Alphys says as she cries into my shoulder. "You didn't know. I'm not mad at you at all. I know you were trying to do something nice. It's okay Alphys. You did nothing wrong." I say to her as I stroke her back gently. "I d-did do something wrong, I m-m-made you cry... I'm s-s-so sorry." Alphys sobs to me. "You didn't make me cry. I cried on my own. Not because of you. Its okay Alphys, I hate seeing you this way. You did nothing wrong and you shouldn't blame yourself." I say softly. "Thanks so m-much Lanty. You really are my best friend. You have h-helped my anxiety so much. Thank you." Alphys says holding me tightly in her arms. I sit with Alphys in my arms calm her down and then we let go and I see Undyne standing over us. "I told you she wasn't mad." Undyne tells Alphys as I stand up with Alphys. "I-i know. I just... Blamed myself." Alphys says looking at the ground. Undyne picks up Alphys' head. "Hey, its okay now. Don't worry Alphys, I'm here and so is Lanty." Undyne says trying to comfort Alphys. "T-thank you both." Alphys says as she hugs Undyne and smiles at me. I smile back softly and we all hang out for a while.

"Well, I gotta get to work. I have the night shift now." I say standing up off the floor. "Okay. See ya punk!" Undyne says with a grin spread on her face. "Bye Lanty." Alphys says giving me a smile. I smile back, "Bye girls. See ya later." I say as I walk out of the lab door. I walk back home and get into my Grilbys shirt that I let Sans borrow the other night.

When I gt to work I see Grilby give me the keys to lock up. "Keep it. But please, don't lose it." Grilby says as he walks out the door to go home for the day. I grab a towel and wipe down some of the counters. I look up and see Sans sitting in his usual seat. "Told ya I would see ya later." Sans says with a smile spread across his face. I laugh slightly and think about earlier today. "Where'd you go when we hugged? It was like some serious magic trick." I say remembering how I looked all around my house and didn't find Sans. "Oh uh..." Sans starts nervously.

Sans POV:

"Oh uh..." I start nervously. I need to come up with something. I felt fine with her knowing earlier, but now I don't know. What excuse could I give that she would believe? I sigh, "have you ever noticed that I get places real quick sometimes?" Lanty nods, "yeah," she says nervously. "Well, when I was little I found out that I could... How do I put this? Well, I found out that I could teleport anywhere I wanted." I say avoiding Lantys eyes and thinking back to my childhood.

Lantys POV:

What? Sans can teleport for some reason just because he figured it out that he could. That's crazy, but I kinda believe him. He always just shows up and how else could he just disappear? "I don't know what to say." I respond to Sans. "Well, I hope you believe me a d don't think I'm insane." Sans chuckles. "I do, but... How did you find out?" I ask leaning on the counter. Sans sighs and tells me that he always felt different and was messing with magic books when he was young. He said that he did a fee spells and that one went wrong so he stopped doing spells. However, some magic stayed behind and he could teleport. "Well, that is one heck of a story. I gotta take some orders though," I say walking away from the counter and walking around to take orders. I try to take my mind off of Sans and his power. Soon enough my shift is over and no one is there except Sans and I. I lock up and Sans decides to walk me home. When we get to my house I give Sans a hug. "I never told anyone about my power... Except you." Sans whispers in my ear. I smile and give him squeeze. "Thanks for telling me." I reply.