Mommy... Are we gonna lose Daddy?

Zach looked like he was in so much pain... He was pale and his eyes were navy blue. Every second I feel like my love is drifting away. The rate machine slowing down with every heart beat. That's all I could hear is his slow beating heart.

Maddie- *Sobs*

I snapped out of it.

Me- Maddie... What if.. he...

Maddie- Dies?! I can't believe I'm loosing one of my best friends! God... Zach if you can hear me. I love you dude. Your like a brother to me and I can't lose you.

Me- I love you too Zach.. Your my Ride or Die and my whole world....

My phone buzzed.

Me- Hello?

Hunter- Hey Madison.

I tried to keep from sounding like I was crying.

Me- Um.. hey this isn't a good time.

Hunter- Are you crying?

Me- Look Zach got beat and he was on the side of the road. And his ribs are broken and I can't say anymore.

Hunter- Do you nee-

Me- No. I gotta go.

I hung up crying harder.

Nurse- Ladies you have to leave we are going to start surgery. We will call you with the results.

Me- Thank you.

I sobbed into Maddie's shoulder.

-

3 Days Later

-

Me- Bye guys.

I cooed at the children leaving them with Hunter. My phone began to buzz.

Me- Hello?

Doctor- Hello? Madison?

Me- Yes.

I said as my heart raced.

Doctor- Well we have the results.. so far he is.... um... doing fine. But he still hasn't woken up.

Me- So what are you saying?

Doctor- Well since he is in very bad condition-

Me- You said he was doing fine.

Doctor- Let me finish.. since he is very bad condition we will have to... we will have to pull the plug.

Me- Wha- What.. no no no no no.... please! Please just try to wake him up.

Hunter and Brandon's faces were froze and the kids were dancing around.

Me- Please!

Doctor- I don't know if there is anything we can do about it.

I dropped my phone making it break into pieces since it was already cracked.

Hunter- Do you want me to keep them.

Me- No... its fine.

I sobbed.

Brandon- If you nee-

Me- You've done enough "Help" for now Brandon.

I walked away holding Henry and Savannah's hands.

-

5 Hours Later

-

I told Maddie what happened. They wouldn't let me visit him when I went today.

I've been sobbing into my pillow as the kids watched nickelodeon.

Savannah- Mommy? Are you okay?

Me- Mommy is upset..

Savannah- Why?

Me- Well sometimes.. You lose people and you can never see them again.

Henry- Mommy are we gonna lose daddy?

He calls them both dad just like Savannah.

Me- No. Don't think negatively. Just go play I'll make you some pizza rolls.

They wobbled out of my room into the living room.
-
1 Day Later
-
I took the kids over to my moms house since it was my week with the kids and I can't take them to Hunter.
-

-
I walked into the hospital room noticing the machine was beeping every 15 seconds. I walked up to the bed and held his hand.

Me- Babe... If you can hear me. I just want you to know I love you... I really do. I'm so sorry that you couldn't find someone better than a crappy person like me. Just... Just hold up two fingers if you can hear me.

I focused my attention to his hand waiting patiently.

Me- I can't... It's useless.

I sighed and began to cry walking away. Until I heard shuffling. We were the only people in the room.

TO BE CONTINUED

Hahaha😂

Don't You Love Cliffhangers?😂😘