Part 32

Their maid came to her rescue and joined her in a hospital. Where as Rihaan was absolutely unaware of this incident, came back after a few hours and came to know that Ruby was hospitalized. He immediately reached the hospital and saw in the hospital.

He was hell shocked by the incident. Tears started brimming in the eyes.

"Please, doctor... save my wife and the baby." Pleaded Rihaan, helplessly.

"We are trying our best. Cannot say anything right now."Muttered the doctor.

She was in the ICU and Doctors gave all their best attempts to save her.

"We gave our best. Baby in the womb is safe, but the mother's condition ..." Muttered the doctor.

"Han, mother's condition?" he inquired.

"She is still in the critical condition, if she gains consciousness in few hours, we can save her, if not ..." mumbled the doctor, after 2 days of treatment.

"No ... Nothing will go wrong. My Ruby will not leave me. She will come into senses." Muttered Rihaan, continuously like a hysteria patient.

Radhika and Rihaan's parents reached there, after knowing the shocking news of Radhika's injuries and hospitalization.

Rihaan couldn't imagine his life without her presence. He was not in a state to respond. All their moments started flashing like a film reel in his eyes and he was in a high distress. He was walking aimlessly on the busy roads of the city and went to a nearby small temple and sat there for almost 3 hours, without even uttering a word, simply starring the idol with teary eyes.

'There is no need to convey our distress to the deity. Being the omnipresent, God always hears the unspoken words of their children' The same happened with Rihaan also.

Finally, after 2 and a half days of the battle for life, Radhikaa came into her senses and was recovering. Rihaan immediately rushed back to the hospital, after hearing the news of Radhika's improved condition. He thanked the god for his unconditional love and mercy.

"Where have you been Hubby?" Radhikaa, spoke after 3 long days and her words were just like honey droplets to his ears.

"I'm always by your side Ruby." He muttered, with a glint of tears, placing a peck on her palm.

"I was worried about you. I was descending the steps that day to attend your call, suddenly lost the balance and I fell." She mumbled in her lowest pitch.

"On that day? But, I didn't call you." He was amused.

"Maid said that was a call from you. So, I was in a hurry." She explained.

"Maid said? But, I didn't call you. Actually, my phone was out of reach that day." He said recalling the past incidents.

" Let it be. Our baby is safe, right? No worries." She said with a weak smile, caressing her tummy.

"Hmm... God is really merciful Ruby."He said, caressing her shoulder.

Later, her parents and in-laws came and met her. With in a day's time, she was discharged and they reached home.

Next day was their 1st wedding anniversary and all the party arrangements were set.

Ruby walked into their room that night and saw Rihaan hiding something in their cupboard.

"What are you hiding from me?" She asked him.

"Nothing, Ruby. I was just arranging the files in the cupboard." He muttered, casually.She nodded and went away.

Later, that night after their supper, she heard him talking to someone on the phone and when she came near him, he cut the phone immediately, igniting her suspicion. When she asked, he changed the topic.

-- To be continued.

I was ill on the same day, when Radhikaa got injuries. Isn't it a coincidence :P I think I should take care while writing this story, because it's indirectly hitting me ;) Okay, jokes apart. I have been ill lately. So, couldn't update the story yesterday. I'm feeling better today. Thanks for your wishes.

Do read, vote and comment your views.

Love

#Amrita