Part-1

It was after a month of their marriage when Rihaan came home a bit early and was completely exhausted with the pool of meetings held that had been held that day. Radhika didn't turn up home then while Rihaan ordered himself a pizza and a diet coke. Being an adamant person he never ate anything that was made at home, well, Radhika seldom got time to cook, though.

Rihaan sat in their living room and shuffling the channels in the T.V. -just then he got a call from Radhika.

"Hello Rihaan," she muttered. Her enthusiasm was clearly audible in her tone...

"Hey Radhika..." he hushed.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"I'm at home, what's the matter?" he asked.

"Okay, then... I need to say something really important, see you in 15minutes," she said and cut the call.

Rihaan was amused by the sudden excitement in his wife.

Within a few minutes, Radhika reached home.

"So, what's that you wanna say to me?"Rihaan asked, handing her a glass of water.

She took it - smiling, and gulped the water in a second.

"Ohhooo... easy... easy... miss," he hushed seeing her gulping the water in a hurry...

"Hmm... I'm fine, now listen," she hushed, wiping her mouth with a hanky...

"Hmm... say it," he said, settling back on the couch lazily.

"Rihaan, I'm so happy today," she bubbled in joy.

"That's great, may I know the reason," he asked.

"I'm the managing head now..." she hushed with a twinkling smile.

"That's great dear wifey... I'm proud of you," he said hugging her.

"Thank you."She blushed a little.

"I'm so glad, we will celebrate the moment then!"Rihaan exclaimed.

"I'm tired Rihaan, even the working hours gonna be high from now on," she said palely.

"Oho... that's alright; we will plan it on some other day," he said in a casual tone.

It's just then the Pizza order came come.

"I would like to cook today, don't eat Pizza now," Radhika asked.

"Radhika, I don't eat homemade food, it's your happy time and I don't want to disappoint you," he said a no in a polite way.

"Yeah, I rarely get time to spend in the kitchen, today I'm so happy and I want to cook for you," she said again.

"Okay, cook something simple then," he said.

Radhika was more than happy.

Though she was a professional genius, after all, like every other woman she longed for the love and precious time of her husband. She never dreamt of any fairytale life. Instead of believing in the fantasizing dreams, she believed in herself and at the end of the day it was her professional career that would choose high.

She made aloo ke paranthe and sweet corn soup accompanying with vegetable salad. After serving the food, she went to call her husband and found him nowhere in the house. She fished her mobile from her handbag and dialed his number.

"Hello Rihaan," she muttered.

"Hey, sorry... I got an important call so, came to the office," he said.

"I was cooking for you; you could have at least informed me before leaving," she sounded like a typical housewife.

"You were busy in the kitchen, well leave it. I'll come back in an hour... you just have the food," he sounded normal.

"Fine," She said and aborted the call without listening further.

Radhika was never really bothered about the working hours of Rihaan so far, but that day she was really upset. She thought of spending her happy time with her dear hubby. After all, it was her big day. She didn't feel like eating alone hence, she was off to bed.

The sleep was miles away from her then, she was twisting and tossing on the bed and felt alone for the first time in her life. Ever since her childhood, Radhika was surrounded by her friends and family-being the youngest-she never craved for care and warmth. Every minute was a bliss with her family and friends. She left everyone and just came to him and that is what she was getting in return.

Rihaan was not a bad guy; the only thing was that he was a bit far from love and emotions. Radhika was busy in her thoughts and just then Rihaan came in.

"Ate food?" he asked.

Radhika didn't answer him.

"I'm hungry too, I knew that you didn't eat... Will you join me?" he asked loosening his necktie. Radhika's face lit up and she sat back on their bed.

"I missed you," she mumbled in a soft tone.

Probably those were the first words of concern in their one-month-old married life.

"Haha... Me too," he hushed, placing a wet kiss on her cheek...