Part 28

Rihaan didn't stop her. She left the house and landed in Bangalore. Her family welcomed her whole heartedly. Everyone was so happy to see her.

She was elated to see her family after 6 long months.

"Rihaan couldn't make it this time I guess? "Asked her mom.

"Han mamma. Work pressure." She managed somehow and retired to her room.

She went to her room. It's just the same. All her memories and bonds pertaining to that house and family flashed for a moment. She adored her room and saw her wedding picture on the side table.

She took it in her hands, caressed it and a lonely tear escaped from her eyes. Just then her mom came in and she wiped her tear and faked a smile.

"Is everything alright?" Her mom muttered, caressing her hair.

"Yeah. A bit tired. I think I need to sleep for a while." Radhika mumbled, not matching her gaze with that of her mom.

"Okay beta! Sleep for some time. I'll send you the lunch here." She chipped.

"That's okay Mamma. I'm not hungry. I'll eat afterwards." Radhika mumbled and her mom left the room, nodding in yes.

Radhika locked herself in the room and collapsed on her bed. She burst out into tears, holding her wedding photo frame.

"It's been almost 8hrs Rihaan and you haven't called or texted me once. Don't you miss me at least once" she spoke to the Rihan's image in the photograph.

Where as in Mumbai,

Rihaan was in his office, trying to concentrate on his work.

"Bring me the Tender file." He retorted.

"Here it is Sir." Lekha muttered, handing him the file.

"Thanks Ruby." He mumbled.

"Ruby? Sir, I'm Lekha" she mumbled.

"Yeah! Lekha ... I'm sorry." He muttered and she went away.

"Damn! She is Lekha... Rihaan focus! Just focus on your work!" he mentally slapped himself for behaving like a lunatic.

He took his mobile and was about to call Radhika. He opened her contact and saw her smiling pic attached to the contact detail.

"How can you stay away from me Ruby? Don't you miss me? It's been almost 8 long hours. I'm dying here and you don't even feel like texting or calling me right? "He mumbled, watching her pic.

He was about to call her, but just then Mr. Sharma entered in and he kept the mobile back on his table, attending him.

The Duo was almost aloof in their behavior. They haven't mingled or talked to anyone. Radhika acted tired and pretended sleeping all day while, Rihaan was carried away by Radhika's thoughts very often.

He tried his level best to engage his mind in the work, but all his attempts went in vain. He called it for the day and went aimlessly on the busy streets of Mumbai. Every place reminded Ruby.

All this was just due to the fact that, he couldn't express what he feels. He called her finally and her number was out of reach. He dialed umpteen times, but couldn't speak to her.

Finally, he dialed to the landline number and a servant received the call.

"Hello... Is Radhika home? " He spoke.

" Baba! Chote Memsahib was ill. She was taken to the hospital." Was the reply from the other side.

Rihaan was almost rooted to the ground and hell scared to know about her condition. He inquired if anything was wrong, but the servant said, no one has come home yet and he was not aware of anything else.

To be continued ...

Do read, vote and comment your views.

P.s I've literally scribbled this part in 15 minutes :/ Not even read twice. Not at all proof read. I guess, there will be many mistakes. Kindly ignore them.

Love

#Amrita