Part 10

Her smile faded at the sight in front of her... Tears started brimming in her eyes...

"What's wrong Rihaan... what's this injury on your face... pcchh!" she panicked touching the bandage on his forehead.

"It's just nothing," he smiled.

"You are injured and it's nothing?" she huffed.

"Leave it, I'm hungry, the smell is awesome," he said, inhaling the food.

"I'm not going to serve you." she flinched her nose.

"Okay, I'll eat it myself," he smirked and took a plate full of Rajma chaaval and Chole.

Rihaan went and sat at the dining table and Radhika was gawking him with bloodshot eyes.

He started eating the food, "Hmm... amazing! One need to be blessed to have something like this," he said with a smirk.

She twisted her lips in response.

"Hmmmmm... awesome," he gulped another spoon full of rice.

Radhika who was very much tempted by now took the next morsel from his hand and ate it in hurry while, he was smiling.

"I've every right to eat it, after all, I made it," she huffed.

"I want you to join me wifey. Come I'll feed you," he said and inched closer.

They ate happily and went to bed.

She nuzzled closer and asked, "What happened?" in her lowest pitch, caressing his wound.

"It's nothing dear," he crooned in half-asleep.

"I'm worried Rihaan. Is anything wrong?" she asked again.

"Nothing of that sort," he said.

"Then, why aren't you sharing your problem with me?" she questioned again.

"You need to sleep now, we need to wake up early," he said, turning to the other side of the bed.

"Mom and Dad will be coming in few hours Radhika. Good night," he added.

Rihaan never behaved in that way. He used to share everything with her or maybe she thought so. His sudden injuries and his strange behaviour made her think that something is fishy. She saw him sleeping but, there were frown lines clearly visible on his forehead. She wanted to know and help him to overcome that stress. She placed her buttery smooth hands on those frown lines and massaged gently. A smile has automatically crept on his lips and he nuzzled closer to her and went into a deep slumber. She felt relieved and placed a peck on his lips and slept hugging him tight.

Next morning, when she woke up Rihaan was nowhere in the house and she tried calling him but, his phone went unanswered for a while. Later Rihaan's parents came and she welcomed them wholeheartedly.

After seeing them, she felt that Rihaan's words were true. They were not so friendly and they didn't even asked the whereabouts of her and Rihaan.

She was busy cooking for them and Rihaan came home.

"Don't waste your time and energy Radhika, They won't eat," he muttered and she was baffled by his words.

"You came... thank God Rihaan. I was worried. Your phone went unanswered," she hushed.

"I went on a work. Thought of telling you but, you were sleeping so..." he tried to explain.

"That's alright. You need not explain me, hubby. I know you and I trust you. It's just that I missed you," she mumbled sweetly.

Rihaan smiled at her loving words.

"I want you to smile and wish me a good morning every day," she said with a serene smile.

"I will," he smiled back, joining his temple with that of hers.

"Okay, did you meet Mamma and Papa?" she asked, detaching herself a bit.

"No. I just came home and was searching for you," he said.

"Rihaan, I think you should go and meet them once. They must be waiting for you. After all, they travelled so long and came to see us," she muttered.

"Seriously? Nothing like that wifey. They must be here for some work. Definitely not to see us." He irked.

"They are your parents Rihaan!" she mumbled with a quirky expression.

"Yes, my parents and I knew them better than you do," he muttered and left.

Radhika couldn't connect with the sudden change in his behaviour. He was very much excited with the news of their coming last day but, today he was acting all weird. She tried to ignore this and engaged herself in cooking.

Later, she went to her mother-in-law.

"Mom, I made breakfast for all of us," Radhika said, entering their room.

"Oh, honey...we don't eat homemade food usually. I've already ordered the food for your dad and he left for the meeting too," Rajita -Rihaan's mom muttered.

"Rihaan told that already. I made delicious paranthas and mutter paneer mom. I want you to taste a bit at least," she tried to convince her.

"I've already told you sweety. Don't get me wrong and I need to go now," she hushed, taking her clutch.

"Okay," Radhika muttered and was about to leave that room.

"Listen..." Rajita stopped her.

"Yes, mom..." she said turning back.

"Is Rihaan eating your handmade food?" she enquired.

"Yes, he loves it," she said, with a bubble of happiness.

"Hmm... Is he changing?" she murmured.

"Sorry?" she pardoned her.

"Nothing honey. You may go. I think you need to go to your office ?" she hushed.

"No mom. I took leave for 3 days," she said with a smile.

"Oh, really... then why don't you join me to the mocktail party?" she suggested.

"I'll join you for sure. Let me serve him the breakfast and come," she answered politely.

"Rihaan is not a kid Radhika. He can manage on his own and I don't want him to be a burden on you," she muttered.

"I love doing these things myself, mom and Rihaan is never a burden on me," she answered.

"Come back soon then," Rajita said, fixing her hair.

"Sure mom," she muttered and went to her room, with a hand full of paranthas and fresh juice. While Rihaan was searching some file.

"Uff... thank God Radhika you came. Did you see my Red coloured Mehta's project file?" he questioned.

"The one on which you were working late night, right?" she enquired.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Yes, here it is," she said, handing him the file from the cupboard.

"Thank you so much wifey," he murmured, placing a peck on her cheek. She blushed a little.

"You slept holding it yesterday," she mumbled, messing his hair lovingly.

"You were always my saviour," he smiled like a baby.