Part1 A Tragic Beginning

A/N: OK SO LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE I HAVE BEEN OBSESSED WITH THE VAMPIRE DIARIES ESPECIALLY THE ORIGIONALS. NOW AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE BADASS HYBRID KLAUS I HAVE A MAJOR SOFT SPOT FOR ELIJAH AND I FOUND THERE ARENT THAT MANY FAN FICS FOR THE POOR ORIGIONAL (WELL NOT THAT I COULD FIND ANYWAY) SOOOO HERE IT IS AN ELIJAH LOVE STORY. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

P.S THE STORY STARTS JUST AFTER STEFAN STEALS THE COFFINS THAT HOLD KLAUS' SIBLINGS AND MOTHER.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I stood alone in the empty cemetery in front of two freshly dug graves which read 

"Here lies Matthew and Rose Salvatore Loving parents to Nicolette and Marcus. May they find peace in eternity together."

Tears quietly continued to stream down my cheeks as I turned to the grave next my parents

"Marcus Salvatore taken from this world so young he now rests among angels forever young"

I fall to my knees as I silently mourn for my parents and younger brother. 

Placing flowers on both graves I get up and head towards the exit. I find my parents lawyer standing next to his car waiting. We both get in myself getting in the passenger seat.

"Look Nicole I know you probably don't want to hear this right now but at some point ill need to go through your parents will with you.."

"Lets do it now" I cut him off

"Nicole you don't have too. It can be put off for a few days at least there are just some things that do need to be discussed sooner rather than later"

"No Henry really now is fine id rather get things out of the way now"

He turned to look at me concern and worry etched clearly into his features.

"All right then lets get some lunch and talk about it the files are in the boot"

I just continue to stare out the window as I see the cemetery slowly disappear from the side mirror.

We slide into a diner booth facing each other and give the waitress our orders. While she runs off to fetch them Henry starts pulling out files I'm assuming are details of my parents will. 

He hands me a copy of the will and I skim through its contents quickly.

"Now your parents never updated this after Marcus' death so it still states that everything goes to the both of you and obviously since you are the only one...still here everything left to him defaults to you."

I could tell he had trouble phrasing it but I didn't blame him it was a sad and awkward thing to talk about with anyone let alone a young 18 year old girl.  

I give him a sympathetic smile and nod in understanding.

"That's all pretty straight forward Henry"

He clears his throat and continues.

"Now both you and your bothers trust funds are still inaccessible until you turn 25 of course his share of that will also be changed into your name, your parents never had the heart to do it after he passed. Your parents house is also in your name, they managed to pay off the mortgage 6months ago so you can either stay in the house, rent it out or sell it. Its a lovely home in a good neighbourhood it wont be too hard to sell or find someone to move in if you want to go in either of those directions."

I thought about it. All those memories good and bad did I want to stay there surrounded by reminders of them and how id never see them again until the day I died. Did I want to start a family and raise my kids there one day?  

I made my decision.

"I want you to sell it. I don't think I could survive there without them, ill pack up the things I want to keep and put them into storage and ill find an apartment the rest you can sell with the house or separately whatever's easier"

He nods solemnly pulling out another slip of paper and handing it over.

"Take this and read it over its just a form saying you give your permission to let us sell the house for you"

I pull a pen from my back pocket and sign the form straight away.

He sighs  

"Nicole you shouldn't sign documents without reading them, I could've just conned you out of all your money."

"You could have but you didn't and we both know you wouldn't. Now its done and there's one less thing for me to worry about"

"Alright well ill draw up another contract for the contents of the house now there is one more thing Nicole and it may come as a bit of a shock.."

I started digging into my fries that I hadn't even realised were in front of me.

"Just spit it out Henry lets not beat around the bush"

I say shoving more food into my mouth. I never could eat like a lady a trait my mother wasn't all too happy about. I continued eating not realising how hungry id been. Id lost my appetite over the last few days and seems id finally gotten it back.

"Nico..."

My hand froze a handful of chips poised at the entrance of my mouth ready to be devoured. I held off Henry never used my other nick name but he said it so gently I knew what he had to tell me now was very serious.

"I've known you for a very long time kid, I remember you in diapers and your father even longer before that. He was always a very big family man and I was glad he met your mother before his parents passed because I know it would have destroyed him to not have anyone. Now I know your a strong young woman, your a fighter Nicole but I know he would have raised you the same. To put family above all else and if you have even half the heart he did well... I don't want to see you go through that."

I knew what he was talking about. My family was everything to me. My brother was my best friend we protected each other and my parents well we were all close. We'd do anything for each other.

"Nicole I did some digging when I found out about your parents and you have some family left..."

I dropped my chips letting them fall to the floor completely ignoring the glare the waitress was giving me for dirtying the floor.  

I just couldn't believe what he was telling me I... I had more family somewhere. I wasn't alone.

"Now I've tracked some down to a town called Mystic Falls you have some cousins there..."

Out comes another file. I took a look, there were no pictures just a few names.

"Damon and Stefan Salvatore." I read the names out loud.

"Yes they're brothers and there was another an uncle I think Zachariah unfortunately he passed away not long ago. The Salvatore's are one of the five founding families of the town. From what I found out its quite a tight knit community one of those everybody knows everybody kinds of towns. They have annual town events and everything. I have to say I'm quite surprised your father never looked himself this sounds right up his alley."

I sighed it did sound like my father. It sounded like him a lot actually.

"These Salvatore brothers your sure we're related?" I asked feeling a bit of hope rise within my heart at maybe still having a family.

"Nicole, Salvatore isn't exactly a common name. Its quite unique. Now I'm not sure what these people are like I couldn't get a hold of anyone but they are definitely still living there in the old Salvatore boarding house."

I jumped up suddenly the prospect of not being alone too tempting. I had to find out. Id made a decision.

I was going to Mystic Falls.