Chapter 26

-Spencer's POV-
I sat with my head in my hands, my hair covering my face. Emily holding my hand for support, Morgan rubbing my back.
"Jennifer Reid?" A doctor questions.
I look up, "yes?"
"Mrs. Reid has a mild concussion, I'm afraid the injury hit her personality part of her brain, her personality will be off, she won't be able to remember much, her appetite may go down, and her emotions will be off. As well as her head will be hurt and she will be nauseous. There's nothing we can really do to help her, Advil will help the headaches and not doing and physical activity will help. You may see her, she is in room 31, but I ask you go in groups of 1-2 she will be a little worried and confused." The doctor says.
"Thank you." I say.
I stand up and turn to the team. "You go and then we will figure the rest out. I'll call JJ's mom and ask her to get Henry and Kaelyn." Emily says. I nod and walk off to Room 31.
I peek in the window, I see JJ awake. I smile and knock on the window, she looks over and smiles. I walk into the room and go towards her.
"How you feeling?" I ask softly, and kiss her head.
"I don't know, my head hurts really bad and I don't remember anything." She says.
I nod. "You have a mild concussion honey."
She tilts her head and slowly nods. I grab her hand, "your mom is gonna get the kids, you want some of the team to come in?" I ask. She nods her head. I peek out of the room and nod, signaling that 2 of them can come in. Morgan and Penelope stand up.
"Hey Cheeto Breathe, how you feeling?" Morgan asks.
"Other than my headache and the constant confusion I have, I'm fine I guess." She says.
We all hear a knock and turns towards the door, a nurse with food is standing at the door, Penelope opens the door and the nurse comes in.
"Here you go Mrs. Reid, and here's two advil." The nurse says as she opens JJ's tray table and sets food down and then walks out.
JJ struggles to lean up and Morgan goes and helps her, "let me help you." He says as he puts JJ's bed up, causing JJ to hit her drink, spilling it on Morgan's shirt.
Morgan giggles but JJ tears up.
"Hey what's wrong JJ?" Penelope asks.
"I ruined your shirt, I'm sorry." JJ says as she starts crying. I pull her into my chest and mutter "it's okay." I look up at Morgan and Penelope confused. "Emotions" I mouth and they nod.
"Hey JJ, it's okay, it's an old shirt." Morgan says. She leans up.
"But it just spilled it all over you." She sniffles.
"I'm gonna go change, I swear it's perfectly fine though JJ." Morgan says and then he walks out.
Penelope stands awkwardly as JJ cries into my chest. "I'm gonna leave you two alone, I'll tell the rest that they can come." Penelope says and walks out.
"Hey little JJ, you in there." I whisper, getting a little giggle as a response.
"I just ruined his shirt." She cries.
"He said it was okay, he doesn't mind." I say, as I stroke her hair.
She nods and falls asleep, her head in my chest.
"I love you." I whisper and I kiss her forehead.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!
Sorry for the short chapter!
Tell me what you want me to update next, also I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Love you! 😘