Chapter 3

I wake up cuddling Spencer's pillow, with my tear stains on it.
"Emily?" I call as I slowly walk downstairs.
"Shh." I hear Emily call.
"What?" I whisper as I get downstairs.
She points towards Henry sleeping on the couch.
"I just got him asleep." She says.
"Oh, thanks." I say.
She give me a little smile and nods her head.
"I made you a sandwich." She says as she leads me into the kitchen.
"I'm not hungry." I say and I regret it.
"JJ you haven't eaten in 3 days, eat." She says.
"But I'm not hungry." I say and I look down.
"JJ" she says demanding.
"I'm not hungry!" I respond and I push the plate away.
"JJ you are starving yourself! I know that all of this is hard on you but it's hard on us too! We are trying to help you but it's killing us to watch you suffer like this! Please just eat." She pleads with tears in her eyes.
I stare down at the plate.
"JJ please." She says and she wipes tears from her eyes.
"Okay okay sorry!" I say and I pick up half of the sandwich.
I only manage to eat the one half, it being the only thing I can keep down.
I'm finishing a bottle of water when I hear a knock on the door.
"Got it!" Emily says and she runs over to the door.
"Thanks for coming with such late notice." I hear Emily say to someone.
"Oh no problem! I just hope she gets better." I hear Henry and Kaelyn's babysitter say.
"Oh um hi." I say and I walk into the room.
"Hi JJ! Emily called me over to watch the kids." The babysitter says.
"Oh, I didn't know we were leaving?" I question and I look over at Emily.
"Right! Me and Morgan are taking you on a hike, to get you out." Emily says.
I nod my head and bite my lip. I walk out of the room and back upstairs into mine and Spence- my room. I sit on the bed and grab a pillow. I hug it an I try not to cry.
I hear Emily and Anna (the babysitter) laugh. Emily is soon upstairs telling me to get ready. I nod and she leaves.
I was planning on staying inside and crying myself to sleep all day. But Emily is gonna. force me to go. I decide to throw on a sport bra with a blue tanktop and some black leggings. I put on my sneakers and don't even bother to brush my hair.
"JJ ready?" Emily asks. I nod my head before turning around and looking at Spencer's side of the room.
"I love you." I whisper to his side of the bed. You know that feeling, when someone is still there even though they are dead. Spencer is still with us.
Me and Emily get into Morgan's car. I get I tot he passengers seat. Morgan looks over at me and gives me a little smile. On our way up to the mountain a song comes on the radio. It has a familiar beat. I listen and wait for the lyrics to come.
"It's just another night.
And I'm staring at the moo-" I turn it off before I start crying.
Morgan looks over at me with caring eyes as I wipe a single tear away. That was the last song me and Spencer sang together at our wedding. The song always had a meaning to us.
Eventually we make it up to the mountain. Emily and Morgan take a few picture of the view. I decide to wander off to a little cliff of mountain I see. I sit on it and stare at the view.
You know that feeling?
The feeling where all the fear, stress, and sadness is gone.
The feeling where you feel like your on top of the world.
Where everything is peaceful.
The feeling that gives you hope.
That's how I feel.
And for once since the incident, I feel a small smile coming onto my face.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the wait for an update.
I was on vacation and the hotel had no wifi 😐
But I did write a few chapters while I was there!
Also thank you fanficsoftheworld for managing my account while I was gone ❤️
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
I tried my best on it ☺️
Alright I love you guys 💓