Chapter 12

-Spencer's POV- (I'm so excited to be writing in Spencer's POV)
I'm sitting in the waiting room.
A nurse forced me to move from outside JJ's room to the waiting room.
She said "me being outside the door would make the doctor's nervous."
Well that's just bullshit.
"Reid?" I feel a hand go onto my back.
I look up and see Hotch.
"Hi." I say and I give a fake smile.
I look back down and continue to nervously tap my leg.
"Reid, I have a question." Hotch tells me as he sits beside me.
"What is it?" I ask.
"Why did you call me, not Morgan or another member of the team?" Hotch asks.
"What can I not spend some time with the amazing Aaron Hotchner." I joke making Hotch do a little smile.
"No but seriously, why?" He asks in his stern voice.
"Well I figured you would be the one who understood. You know what's it's like to have someone you love in pain and not being able to help them." I say and Hotch nods.
"Reid, we all know what's it's like to have a loved one in pain. We see people in pain everyday. But even if that's what we do for a living other people have loved ones in pain. Just look around." Hotch says pointing towards the people in the seats near us.
"Yeah but you know what it's like to have a certain memb-"
"Haley?" He asks and he cuts me off.
I nod and look down.
"Yes I do know what that feels like. I also know that Haley wasn't ready to go. She was forced to go. But JJ has a choice. You know she is a fighter and she will do anything to stay with you, Kaelyn and Henry." Hotch says.
"You wanna know what she thought this morning?" I ask him.
"Tell me whatever you need to tell me." Hotch says.
"She thought that I left her. She thought that I never loved her. That I took Henry and Kaelyn and just left her in this hospital alone." I say, trying not to cry.
I look over at Hotch.
"She woke up from her coma and thought I died." I say.
"She told me that I died and that she tried to kill herself." I say as a tear goes down my face.
"If she was like that if I died then what would I be like if she died. I wouldn't be strong enough to take care of Henry and Kaelyn. They wouldn't have a good father. I don't want to just zone out and leave them like my dad left me. They don't deserve that." I sniffle.
I look up at Hotch.
He breathes in.
"Reid, you will never be like your father. You live those kids more than anything. JJ is strong. She's gonna do everything she can to stay. And if she does end up going, you know that she would want you to be strong. She would want you to be strong for Henry, Kaelyn and for her. Even if she does leave she still needs you to be there for her. Spencer your an amazing father. And JJ is an amazing mother. She's gonna do what she can for you guys." He tells me.
I wipe some tears from my face.
"Jennifer Jar-"
"Reid." I correct the doctor.
"Jennifer Reid?" He says and he walks over to us.
"Yes?" I ask, scared.
"Her blood wasn't going to her brain properly. She's in recovery but she's isn't going to be able to do much exercising for a few weeks. She's going to need a month off of work and she might need to have someone with her." The doctor finishes.
Then all of my stress goes away.
"So she's okay?" I ask.
"She's perfectly fine." The doctor smiles.
"Thank you." I say.
He nods and walks away.
I turn over to Hotch.
"Thank you." I say to Hotch and I hug him.
"For what?" He asks.
"For being here for me." I smile.
"Sometimes we need someone to simply be there, not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular. But to let us feel that we are cared for." He says.
I smile.
"Well you should go see her." He says.
"I'll call the team and tell them they can come." He adds.
"Really Hotch, thanks." I say as I get up.
He smiles and nods his head.
Then I walk to JJ's room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I thought it was too soon to have anything BIG happen.
So I just made it simple. ☺️
I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Matthew liked my picture on Instagram yesterday 😱😭
Please leave feedback!
Love you little dorks! ❤️