XXXVII » thirty-seven

Start from the beginning

My mouth had been glued shut. I didn't know what to say, how to say it, when to say it. I was confused. My body began to tense up and sweat poured from my skin.

"Will you excuse me while I go to the ladies room to freshen up?" I questioned, getting up before he had said anything in return.

"You don't look so well. I could get all of our food to go and take you home of you'd like."

I wanted so badly to agree to it, but my mouth shot out a totally different response.

"No, I'll be fine. I just have to run to the ladies room."

As I walked away from the table, I could feel myself quickly becoming light headed, so I tried grabbing ahold of anything that was close to me but I couldn't grab anything to hold on to so I quickly lost my balance and fell to the ground. My eyes became heavy and before I knew it, everything went black.

"Hey? How are you doing?" Justin asked as I opened my eyes to take in my surroundings. I was laying in a hospital bed and Justin was siting in the chair beside the bed.

"What happened?" I questioned, rubbing my hand over my forehead.

"Well at dinner you past out." Justin dragged on, rubbing his hand over his forehead.

"And?"

"Well, things happened. I just don't want you to freak out okay?"

I sat up on the bed and looked around the room.

"What things happened Justin? Where are my grandparents?"

"Aria I need you to take a breath. Your grandparents are here. They're in the maternity room. They came by but they thought they'd go there until you woke up," Justin spoke motioning me to lay back.

"Maternity? But that mean pregnancy? Why would they be there? Justin I'm not understanding what you're talking about."

"Aria, you had a baby. At dinner when you passed out, your water broke."

"Haha. A baby? Funny. Now tell me when I can leave," I spoke.

"No I'm serious. The doctor said you were full term."

"If I was pregnant, I would know. My stomach would be big and swollen. I'd be throwing up and cranky and moody and all of those things. You need to stop messing around and tell me the real reason I'm in here," I spoke, giving him a serious look.

"Some women can go a full nine months without even knowing or realizing it. You just so happen to be one of those women," Justin shrugged.

"If that is true, why are you here? I mean I'm sure you know what the out come will be. If I did have a baby. You do know who the dad would be. Right?"

Just before he could respond, the door swung open and Grams and Gramps were wheeling something in the room with a nurse behind them both.

"You're finally awake. I was wondering when you'd be up. We've been here with the baby for maybe an hour or two. She looks so much like you Aria," Grams spoke with a smile plastered on her face.

"See," I heard Justin whisper.

"Okay, why are you guys playing around. This isn't funny anymore."

"Playing around? Aria what are you talking about? No one is playing around. Why would someone joke around like this? This is your baby girl," Grams spoke, wheeling the crib to the bed. "We don't have a name for her yet because we knew you'd like to make that choice," she smiled.

My mouth hung in shock as the baby began moving in the crib.

"This is? She's mine? This is my baby?" I questioned, covering my hand over my mouth as tears fell from my eyes.

"This is your baby." Grams finalized with a smile.

[I just want to say sorry for taking so long to update. But I finally did. Sorry for any mistakes and things like that. I'm sad to say this is the last chapter, but thank you guys for reading. And maybe later when I go back to edit, I'll add more to the story, so keep an eye out. Love you guys, bye. :)]